M90 Help needed to make it Play again!

jays

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2018
ottawa
Yep Nope! The problem seem to be back again... I'm getting a little tired of trying to figure out on this one... anybody got a clue of what could cause this problem to come back?

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Change the position of the photosensor gear that turns with the flywheel bottom gear. I think it is misaligned. Every time I pull the flywheel out I make a mark on that flywheel and the sensor disc. That's the little I know. For some reason the deck is not resetting.

jays

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2018
ottawa
Change the position of the photosensor gear that turns with the flywheel bottom gear. I think it is misaligned. Every time I pull the flywheel out I make a mark on that flywheel and the sensor disc. That's the little I know. For some reason the deck is not resetting.
I also though it was that but now it seem that the problem could be something I didnt think about. and I got some question! Under deck there is a little metal lever plate that thing seems to be curved and cant go into place by itself and when push back the whole deck work but if I pull the thing the deck seem to act again the same way it was at the begining! is that metal plate suppose to be straight? and is it supose to move freely?

54398126-06A0-4F1F-8E8E-CAF2101D37DB.jpeg
AC4EF8F1-7D30-4F41-9988-5BDB67FB8803.jpeg

Last edited:

jays

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2018
ottawa
That's it!!! that was it!!! that whole freaking time this little lever or whatever you call it needed to be straight! thats why sometime it was working and sometime it wasnt! the thing couldn't always get into place.

jays

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2018
ottawa
How did that bend? That is the question? It stays flat... :(
I really got no clue. I thought the belt was the problem, when you buy those thing from the original owner they never do maintenance so I though a simple belt change was the reason of the on and off working tape but nahhhh i was wrong. I look everywhere for a reason it was not working properly and bammm.. when i open it I notice that this metal lever was bent but I thought it was manufacture that way so I didnt pay attention but hummmm I was wrong. Im now really happy