M70 & M90 with hardwired bluetooth module mod.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Since no one said it, DIBS on the oxadon

Next, I HAVE NEVER HEARD JOE'S VOICE! That's not you!!!! :lol:

With all the bluetooth I have had, only my Blue Ant Ear Bud connects every time reasonably quickly. All the rest have required finessing and have randomness in them.

Still really cool, Interested in the final product. If this works, I will follow suit for sure!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I didn't test the range of the BT, i will do that after the install is complete.

The M70 has been opened before but the chassis has never been removed. Both black handle tensioners are missing, which is strange.....

It isn't broken, just really dirty. Breaking it down to clean should be done anyway. So far so good. I will get the bits cleaned up quick and put it back together with another video showing the points to install, how I wired my 12v, and what kind of working range it will have.

Next vid I will use my real voice, that was my 'kid tone' for when I talk to my daughter lol.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
blu_fuz said:
The M70 has been opened before
Opened before??? Apparently it was used for smuggling drugs!!!

Anyways, with connecting it, have you noticed it being any different if you wait say, 30 seconds after powering up the module?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
trippy1313 said:
Anyways, with connecting it, have you noticed it being any different if you wait say, 30 seconds after powering up the module?
I left the module powered up and linked via Bluetooth playing through my 5350 for about 2 hours. It never cut out. Signal was good and strong, no issues that I could tell. Just the occasional connecting problem when first powered up.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
It looks like the sort of setup I'm after for my DIY boxes. Currently I'm using a $7 USB style dongle. It works fine but an internal setup is definately preferable although it would end up costing me around $60 each in AUDs!! The thing is this $7 Bluetooth dongle automatically syncs with my IPhone every time in a couple of seconds.

It would be great if you could pin point the cause of your occasional sync issues.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Some progress!

Swapped out the RCA jack panel that was broken. Also changed out the plug port by the power supply.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

To make this short and sweet, I wanted a designated button to turn the BT module on or off whenever I wanted but with using an existing switch or switch hole. I was going to modify the beat-mode switch that no one ever uses, but I wasn't digging that.

I was checking out the 'record mute' hold down button and saw that this is the best spot! I would need a 1 click on/1 click off type switch. My parts box lasonic 922 saves the day again! Metal mounting bar and switch fit perfect where the original rec mute button was.

Just unplug the rec mute board and take it out. No permanent modification needed! I just need to run my 12v+ supply and BT+ to the switch and run my black- from the BT to the ground on the main board.

Thats it for tonight LOL.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I didn't narrow down my 12v regulated supply just yet. I did test some spots that were seeing up to about 20v. It will probably be the regulated 12v for the cassette deck.