DJBREEZY

Member (SA)
Dec 10, 2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
soundcloud.com
BoomboxLover48 said:
Bill and Ramon did a great job! :w00t: :thumbsup: :breakdance: :breakdance:

Went above and beyond to help members here. :angelic:

:agree: :agree: got my first crash course in boombox repair last night courtesy of Bill & Ramon and at the end of the night when I pushed the power button and saw lights! ahhhhhhhh, felt like a kid again :-D I was checking on it throughout the night, pushing the power on and off every so often :lol: :lol:

Thanks again fellas!

:stereo:

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
DJBREEZY said:
BoomboxLover48 said:
Bill and Ramon did a great job! :w00t: :thumbsup: :breakdance: :breakdance:

Went above and beyond to help members here. :angelic:

:agree: :agree: got my first crash course in boombox repair last night courtesy of Bill & Ramon and at the end of the night when I pushed the power button and saw lights! ahhhhhhhh, felt like a kid again :-D I was checking on it throughout the night, pushing the power on and off every so often :lol: :lol:

Thanks again fellas!

:stereo:
That is the fun part of this great hobby!
I've spend 12 to 16 hours straight to fix boomboxes which took weeks to complete. Never rush! :nonono: When it is all finally done, I also felt like a little kid. I danced around the house. ( I hope no one saw me dancing :w00t: )The day I lose the fun we have from these boomboxes I will consider myself as a useless old man. :lol: :lol:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Thanks guys, actually this was a real easy fix compared to others I've seen where transformer breaks off. That's why I would never want a black Lasonic or any black box shipped without transformer removal. Or like David did with my Discolite taping and bubble wrap over transformer holding it in place. I suggest this to any member dealing with these units shipped as precautionary measure :thumbsup:

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
baddboybill said:
Thanks guys, actually this was a real easy fix compared to others I've seen where transformer breaks off. That's why I would never want a black Lasonic or any black box shipped without transformer removal. Or like David did with my Discolite taping and bubble wrap over transformer holding it in place. I suggest this to any member dealing with these units shipped as precautionary measure :thumbsup:
Thats for sure.

MY helix 4636's transformer not only broke loose but took out all the mounting plastic with it. It was actually gone before I got it cause I went inside to glue/melt the plastic mounts back and there wasn't 1/2 the materials left inside the box to do it :dunce: . So I've just completely removed it and have to run it off batteries or a wall wart. Not sure how I'm going to get that one mounted and fixed at this point :sad: :sad:

DJBREEZY

Member (SA)
Dec 10, 2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
soundcloud.com
baddboybill said:

:agree: lesson learned for sure

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
thats awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: that you got it up and running these boxes are one of my favorites :drool: :drool: thats why i have 3 plus my 975 which i will be working on that one hopefully soon :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
GREAT THREAD ! ! !

EXCELLENT Work from the Boomboxery Tech Crew :yes: YOU GUYS ROCK :rock:

Another Lasonic Saved :-D

That 931 looks really good too.....well worth the effort....

Now you can really piss off the neighbors :lol:

serene lodi

Member (SA)
Nov 5, 2012
Oak Creek WI
DJBREEZY said:
:agree: :agree: How's your 931 coming along?
I'm doing experiments DJBREZY with molding silicone parts to replace the handle slides and some cracked pylons. I'm all thumbs and it's pretty tricky but I am gaining proficiency. Photos are forthcoming. :-)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Heck of a lot to deal with in that one. Glad you got it fixed :breakdance:

Status
Not open for further replies.