Lasonic TRC-931 DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

stereomann

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2010
MD
look at the pics i put on there looks like the blue wire is in a different place then where you soldered it. that could be the problem

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
stereomann said:
look at the pics i put on there looks like the blue wire is in a different place then where you soldered it. that could be the problem
No the whole area is same trace so it don't matter where it's soldered.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
DJBREEZY said:
baddboybill said:
Take pic of component side of board close and clear
I took the screws out but that board wouldn't come up and I didn't want to break it. I'll try and take some pics from underneath
Glue is usually holding down the large blue capacitor that why you can't lift board. You need to use knife to cut glue.

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
ok more than likely there is a hairline crack on that board around the switch area :-)[/quote]

is that something I can fix?[/quote]
yes you have to look at it carefully the best way is to measure voltage to make sure you have it on the taba of the switch,, the pic you showed that the cap was also in need of soldering,,the problem with these lasonics is they use cheap pcb boards and when they get hit they crack and even around the switch area i have seen hair line cracks ,,so what i do on the traces is scrape some of the green shielding around the switch area then i solder a small trail to make sure that where the pins are soldered it grabs a bit more of the trace that ensures that if its cracked under the solder joint atleast its making good contact,,and that i do on the rest of the board on each trace,,, :-) :-)

DJBREEZY

Member (SA)
Dec 10, 2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
soundcloud.com
baddboybill said:
DJBREEZY said:
baddboybill said:
Take pic of component side of board close and clear
I took the screws out but that board wouldn't come up and I didn't want to break it. I'll try and take some pics from underneath
Glue is usually holding down the large blue capacitor that why you can't lift board. You need to use knife to cut glue.
okay I got the capacitor off, I'll take some better pics

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
ok from that side it looks good i would glue with crazy glue that end piece,,once you resolder that cap back in place,,ok lets see you did try to power her up with batteries and it work ,,but when you powered it on manis it did not..ok there might be 2 things here ,,you moved the switch to the ac position if no power than we have to make sure that not only to fix the breaks on the pbc board,, does the transformer have voltage?? and at the blue leads i belive the should be anywhere near 18 or more voltage :-) :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.