Lasonic Function Switch Gear problem SOLVED by Trommelmops

playab0yyy

Member (SA)
Jun 3, 2022
Tampa, FL
In the meantime i have made so many gears....... :-D for example yesterday.....

Im still working on it.....Im still there :thumbsup:

View attachment 46847
These don't work for long. Since the end of the post is shaved down to fit into your gear, after a while, the little retaining pin that screws into the side of your gear loosens and the post pulls right out. Not a long-term fix, unfortunately.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
These don't work for long. Since the end of the post is shaved down to fit into your gear, after a while, the little retaining pin that screws into the side of your gear loosens and the post pulls right out. Not a long-term fix, unfortunately.
You could use some thread locker on it. Also drilling out the shaft where gear sits you can make a detent to allow the screw to lock into the shaft.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Just so happens I have a spare gear that I bought and never used.
probably won't need it as I am to lazy to put it in.

playab0yyy

Member (SA)
Jun 3, 2022
Tampa, FL
I’ll take it if you don’t want it. I have a TRC-920 that I plan on keeping as long as I’m breathing. lol Wouldn’t mind having a spare gear on-hand.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
The spare I had is now gone to the first person that asked for it sorry fellas that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
If he never comes back we could always try 3D printing, but I'd need to model it from somebody's cracked one as long as it's not beat up or distorted or anything. Shapeways offers a bunch of metal options like steel, aluminum and brass. They print by fusing powder together, which results in a somewhat rough, sandblasted texture. I had a small keychain printed in steel earlier this year and the accuracy seems good enough these little gears. Wouldn't look machined, but probably close enough to work

Reactions: baddboybill

playab0yyy

Member (SA)
Jun 3, 2022
Tampa, FL
If he never comes back we could always try 3D printing, but I'd need to model it from somebody's cracked one as long as it's not beat up or distorted or anything. Shapeways offers a bunch of metal options like steel, aluminum and brass. They print by fusing powder together, which results in a somewhat rough, sandblasted texture. I had a small keychain printed in steel earlier this year and the accuracy seems good enough these little gears. Wouldn't look machined, but probably close enough to work
I got one!
27704603-ABB4-407D-83CE-E70287841368.jpeg

Superduper

Member (SA)
Hey Eric, not sure if reprinting the original gear via 3D is such a great idea. The failure rate on the originals is high and I think it has to do with the fact that the way it is designed requires it to handle a lot of torque. What do you think about the plastic replacement setup (see post #42 of this same thread). I suspect that might be more reliable when done in plastic.

playab0yyy

Member (SA)
Jun 3, 2022
Tampa, FL
Hey Eric, not sure if reprinting the original gear via 3D is such a great idea. The failure rate on the originals is high and I think it has to do with the fact that the way it is designed requires it to handle a lot of torque. What do you think about the plastic replacement setup (see post #42 of this same thread). I suspect that might be more reliable when done in plastic.
Actually, it’s also not reliable. Follow the YouTube link and you can see what the creator said about them breaking and not fitting perfectly with slightly different variations of boards and such. Sounds like another nice try, but not the long term reliable fix we’re all looking for.