International Boombox Day

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
serene lodi said:
Are there any observances or traditions for International Boombox Day? Should I smooch my boomer?
I've heard it called a lot of things, but "smoochin' the boomer" is a new one on me.

Boy, the world sure is changing fast... :-D

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
I'm lovin' the scale upon which you're dreamin', James...love, love, lovin' it to death!
:dj-party:
If only it were so...please, someone "make it so."
Every day should be IBD, life would be so grand! :-D I wished every day were Christmas when I was a little tyke. It's kinda like that, :blush:

Just to loosen up my arm, I took a boombox with me "downtown" here in Bremerton, WA (pop. 38,000) and you should have seen the looks. One woman walked by, took one look, shook her head and said "Characters Wanted." :lol: It's a good thing she had a smile on her face (and I was in a great mood, being 2 days until IBD) 'cause she could have eaten an M-90!

Just kidding! I would never do that to one of my babies... ;-) :w00t:

On a lighter note, I hope it's okay to "borrow" the IDB logo for a few days. All in the name of promotion, of course. :blush:

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
Ive been outside today doing some light yard work while listening to the Ashes (cricket) on my JVC 656. Then i hooked up my Sony FH-7 and was blasting a good mix of rock and indy.
I then blow the froth of a couple to a 60's soul soundtrack. Sank a few more and have now come indoors as i have a headache.
Im sure this is dehydration from the sun and the yard work.
The neigbours are probably glad ive come in, dont they know its IBD ???

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
Spent the day jamming the boombox that started the bug for me back in 1981...the JVC M70. Looks and sounds as good today as it did back then. I have several new additions to my collection and some more on the way in celebration of IBD. Once they all arrive I will take pics and post 'em... :-D

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
today --rainy --went to the woodshop --enjoyed my shop radio -
its a mid-mini no-feature old goldstar with sawdust abound -

still -- when the FM DJs are cranking --so goes the goldstar.
yessssssssssss

Attachments