I can fix radios with the power of my mind

rivetmaster

Member (SA)
Sep 14, 2022
United Kingdom
Anyone seen the stereos that Jango101 has for sale on ebay? Maybe they aren't broken, but does the title ----> RaRe make them worth £25,000 ?

Is this a joke? Has anybody ever bought one?

They are from Israel, so perhaps they are saving up to buy missiles.Screenshot_20240420_164350_Firefox~2.jpg

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
Anyone seen the stereos that Jango101 has for sale on ebay? Maybe they aren't broken, but does the title ----> RaRe make them worth £25,000 ?

Is this a joke? Has anybody ever bought one?

They are from Israel, so perhaps they are saving up to buy missiles.View attachment 58513
i love it when these People Put their radios on Ebay for astronomical prices, when i look at them i laugh, i enjoy seeing them a year or 2 later, still for sale, it's a result of their own greed. i sold a few radios and my prices were always cheap.. a while ago i sold a Panasonic Rx45 - £30, Rx52 - £30, Crown 980 - £100 plus a Panasonic Rx5500, Pioneer Sk757 - £80, i always sell at realistic prices, if people want to go on ebay and greed out, that's up to them.

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
one of my GF787's, 2 Beetles Came crawling out of it, i caught them in a little tub and put them outside, but it was pretty darn cold so i'm sure they probably wouldn't have lived.
You may have unwittingly unleashed the invasive Japanese boombox beatle onto England.
They feed exclusively on vintage boomboxes which is why most Japanese boomboxes are in such bad shape.
Jk.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Damn, 513 items and almost all are electronics $400 and up.
let that s*** sit there and rot in its place .nobody in the right mind is going to pay that price.
I'm sick of everything being rare so f****** what it's rare who gives a f***.
They act like being rare as a reason to justify buying something you don't need. I tell you what's rare having enough money to live like a human being instead of a broke dick dog.

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
let that s*** sit there and rot in its place .nobody in the right mind is going to pay that price.
They act like being rare as a reason to justify buying something you don't need. I tell you what's rare having enough money to live like a human being instead of a broke dick dog.
Unfortunately, there are people who have more money than they know what to do with (<--- not me) that are going to buy some of it.
They'll show it off to their friends and tell them how expensive and RaRe it is.
$38,000 + $2000 shipping for the most expensive system o_O

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
You may have unwittingly unleashed the invasive Japanese boombox beatle onto England.
They feed exclusively on vintage boomboxes which is why most Japanese boomboxes are in such bad shape.
Jk.
The beetles were very flat, had a Square-ish Hard Shell, and pointy at the front, i've never seen them before, they were probably native to japan, i caught them in a little tub and set them free outside, some people would say i should have killed them but i don't like killing any creature no matter what, it was at night and was super cold, but i didn't know what else to do with them, they probably/definitely didn't survive that cold uk weather unless they were very hardy creatures. and as for Japanese Boxes, almost every single box i have bought from japan has been a wreck and a big loss, i won't buy from there again, they list their items on Ebay as junk, that's because they are..

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i have never had time for the crazy prices lad just living is more important than paying a fortune for things on ebay.....to be honest i think ebay has ran its course now the prices are just bonkers for something that most of the time does not work lad....20 years ago you could buy things for a fair price and at least most of the time the items worked...fortunately for me i have had all the good boxes and if I'm honest i have lost interest in them,,,,,,i just take each day as it comes now lad

Last edited:

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
i have never had time for the crazy prices lad just living is more important than paying a fortune for things on ebay.....to be honest i think ebay has ran its course now the prices are just bonkers for something that most of the time does not work lad....20 years ago you could buy things for a fair price and at least most of the time the items worked...fortunately for me i have had all the good boxes and if I'm honest i have lost interest in them,,,,,,i just take each day as it comes now lad
Yeah it's like I need my brains fixed instead of trying to fix these damn boom boxes what the f*** was I thinking if I wanted a boombox I should have just stuck with what I had and kept it up and maintained and said f*** the whole thing.
They break down as fast as you can fix them so you need 20 of them just to have one that works. I remember fixing my original VZ 2000 I opened the window up and threw the m*********** out right onto the sidewalk. My first boombox repair lol. At that same time I the m 90 was sitting in the closet with junk stacked on top of it because the belts were bad. I came pretty close to throwing that one out too.

Last edited:

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
Yeah it's like I need my brains fixed instead of trying to fix these damn boom boxes what the f*** was I thinking if I wanted a boombox I should have just stuck with what I had and kept it up and maintained and said f*** the whole thing.
They break down as fast as you can fix them so you need 20 of them just to have one that works. I remember fixing my original VZ 2000 I opened the window up and threw the m*********** out right onto the sidewalk.
That's right Floyd, i can get a box out, Play it, Plays ok, then i put it away, leave it a few months, get it back out to play again, thing won't work.. i bought a GF999 last year, belts were gone, bought new belts, cassette decks played great except APSS, when i tried to use it the motor would just die, but rew/ff on their own without APSS was ok, well the decks were working great, Put it away, got it back out about 3 months later and went to play a tape, both decks dead, the leaf switches and micro switches are ok, seems like the 12v to the motors are missing, Probably a Transistor Blown, but i did nothing to it for it to blow. This happens all the time, i was playing a GF8989, Deck just Died, that was a Transistor that burned out because i saw it burned, Bought a new Transistor from Ebay and got it working again. but again, i did nothing to blow it.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
That's right Floyd, i can get a box out, Play it, Plays ok, then i put it away, leave it a few months, get it back out to play again, thing won't work.. i bought a GF999 last year, belts were gone, bought new belts, cassette decks played great except APSS, when i tried to use it the motor would just die, but rew/ff on their own without APSS was ok, well the decks were working great, Put it away, got it back out about 3 months later and went to play a tape, both decks dead, the leaf switches and micro switches are ok, seems like the 12v to the motors are missing, Probably a Transistor Blown, but i did nothing to it for it to blow. This happens all the time, i was playing a GF8989, Deck just Died, that was a Transistor that burned out because i saw it burned, Bought a new Transistor from Ebay and got it working again. but again, i did nothing to blow it.
may as well use a stack system lad i cant get outsde with a box now and a good hifi indoors is better than any box lad.............having said that the relay has gone on my pioneer sa 9800 i will get it fixed if i can be bothered lad

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I know exactly what you mean I just spent the last 3 days spraying switches and flipping knobs and everything you can think of trying to get this thing to work again finally after spraying the s*** out of it and flipping switches and turning knobs 4 million times it cleared up and now she seems to be okay.
One thing these boomboxes do they keep you busy but they also keep you broke. You feel like you've been the victim of a mugging by the time you get done adding up all the b******* you went through just to have the damn thing.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
may as well use a stack system lad i cant get outsde with a box now and a good hifi indoors is better than any box lad.............having said that the relay has gone on my pioneer sa 9800 i will get it fixed if i can be bothered lad
I hear you that's why I love the HiFi stack all you have to do is turn on the power and s*** does what it's supposed to . I hope lol.

Reactions: Radio raheem

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
This is the very reason why I'm done with vz2000s had a fully working vs 2000 I put it away for a little while now when I get that heavy son of a b**** down to actually use it it's totally dead so I'm just going to let that Sleeping Dog lie I'm not even going to attempt to fix it. And that's the third one that has croaked so that's it for the turntable boxes for me.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
This is the very reason why I'm done with vz2000s had a fully working easy 2000 I put it away for a little while now when I get that heavy son of a b**** down to actually use it it's totally dead so I'm just going to let that Sleeping Dog lie I'm not even going to attempt to fix it.
this in part is why im done with boxes.......i feel bad for those with dozens of boxes cuz in 10 15 years none of them will work...it wont matter what you do i doubt they will work then but hey i wont be here whooo lol

Last edited:

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
This is the very reason why I'm done with vz2000s had a fully working vs 2000 I put it away for a little while now when I get that heavy son of a b**** down to actually use it it's totally dead so I'm just going to let that Sleeping Dog lie I'm not even going to attempt to fix it. And that's the third one that has croaked so that's it for the turntable boxes for me.
i've had a whole lot of Vz2000, 3000, 2510, 2500, The are a biatch to work on, really awkward. and they go for stupid money now, i sold my last 2000 dirt cheap, think about £80, fully working and i think it had almost all the sliders, i think only one slider has snapped, i just don't like the sound of them very much, they designed the Amp and woofers to sound Very Bassless to Stop feedback from the turn table.. same as the DC33 and others. it's a shame because they are beastly and heavy.. and quite nice looking.

Reactions: floyd

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
this in part is why im done with boxes.......i feel bad for those with dozens of boxes cuz in 10 15 years none of them will work...it wont matter what you do i doubt they will work then but hey i wont be here whooo lol
Yeah I won't be here either.
By then the buzzards would have picked me clean already.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
i've had a whole lot of Vz2000, 3000, 2510, 2500, The are a biatch to work on, really awkward. and they go for stupid money now, i sold my last 2000 dirt cheap, think about £80, fully working and i think it had almost all the sliders, i think only one slider has snapped, i just don't like the sound of them very much, they designed the Amp and woofers to sound Very Bassless to Stop feedback from the turn table.. same as the DC33 and others. it's a shame because they are beastly and heavy.. and quite nice looking.
Yeah it's a bit dry sounding but it can get quite loud that's for sure. Sometimes I think they just throw these things together and hope for the best.

Reactions: Ghettoman