Hitachi TRK-9150W

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkanarek

Member (SA)
Sep 29, 2015
Seymour, Connecticut
...so other words in challenging condition :-) I'll keep my eyes on it and post a distress call if I see one for sale. BTW I paid $55 + shipping for mine under the assumption it doesn't work at all.
MyOhMy said:
Count me in that, been keeping my eyes peeled for a while but the only one's I've come across so far have been way overpriced, too far away, totally wrecked and so on. Keeping my fingers crossed, though............... :yes:

dkanarek

Member (SA)
Sep 29, 2015
Seymour, Connecticut
MyOhMy said:
" 'Challenging' shape"........My, Oh My I had to laugh, thanks for bringing a smile to my face with the understatement of the year! :lol: :lol: :lol: I wish you well with the project and hope all your efforts are rewarded. Go for it!
Thank you, so far is going well thanks to James. All got cleaned and waiting for the belts to arrive. I'll make sure to post pics and video after all is done.

dkanarek

Member (SA)
Sep 29, 2015
Seymour, Connecticut
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
To those boombox fans who may not even consider the admittedly bling less looking TRK-9150 a worthy collector box, be warned!!

If you're street blasting and come across a guy with one, be prepared for a bass whipping!! These super loud 1979 model 15 volt Hitachis kick arse with that thumpy 3 piecer bass line that may embarrass your shiny one piecer!! :-)

I'm just super happy to see another one saved from the tip!!

Keep going dude!

James..... :-)
Thanks to you James I might actually be able to pull this off. You Rock !!!! :rock:

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
dkanarek said:
...so other words in challenging condition :-) I'll keep my eyes on it and post a distress call if I see one for sale. BTW I paid $55 + shipping for mine under the assumption it doesn't work at all.
In UK I've noticed higher prices for 'less than desirable condition' models but, also, high prices seem to be justified by sellers claiming the model is 'rare' or even 'extremely rare' - almost everyone selling one says the same thing! :blink: :-D

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
I bought three:

TRK-9140E - $100
TRK-9150W - $25
TRK-9200W - $11

As they don't shine in the sun, the prices stay under control on EBay. (Which is a good thing).
They are the classic 'under promise and over deliver' boombox!

James.... :-)

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Yes, they may not "shine in the sun" but what they do offer is a fair consolation. This box looks confident & sure of itself, imposing & durable but, most of all, It looks holds the eye in a manner many of it's equals could only aspire to. It's a winner for me. :yes:

dkanarek

Member (SA)
Sep 29, 2015
Seymour, Connecticut
MyOhMy said:
In UK I've noticed higher prices for 'less than desirable condition' models but, also, high prices seem to be justified by sellers claiming the model is 'rare' or even 'extremely rare' - almost everyone selling one says the same thing! :blink: :-D
Well if you're still looking for one. I just found TRK-9140E on Polish auction site for 399zl (£67) Seller claims that it is in working condition.
http://allegro.pl/hitachi-trk-9140e-totalny-unikat-vintage-i5753815555.html

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
dkanarek said:
Well if you're still looking for one. I just found TRK-9140E on Polish auction site for 399zl (£67) Seller claims that it is in working condition.
http://allegro.pl/hitachi-trk-9140e-totalny-unikat-vintage-i5753815555.html
Thanks, dkanarek! Allergo (different countries) is a site I've frequently visited following a link but always fail to remember to go directly to. I just can't understand my strange ways sometimes................................. :blink: :hmmm:

dkanarek

Member (SA)
Sep 29, 2015
Seymour, Connecticut
Well, if you decide to go for it and need translation of the description please let me know. I'm fluent in both Polish and English.
MyOhMy said:
Thanks, dkanarek! Allergo (different countries) is a site I've frequently visited following a link but always fail to remember to go directly to. I just can't understand my strange ways sometimes................................. :blink: :hmmm:

dkanarek

Member (SA)
Sep 29, 2015
Seymour, Connecticut
Well...., work in progress but I think it looks a lot better than few weeks ago. Deck re-belted, replaced all of the bulbs, cleaned everything, tuner still needs some work as FM does not tune correctly....and some left over cosmetic touches....

dkanarek

Member (SA)
Sep 29, 2015
Seymour, Connecticut
MyOhMy said:
WOW!!!
You've done so well, all you're efforts have been rewarded so I hope this will prove to be a keeper for many years to come.
Thank you :-) I hope so. I still have couple of little things to fix but the major restoration parts are done. I'll post also some videos soon...

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Wow, looking good. Pity about the FM tuner issues. Have you tried cleaning the semi-adjustable resistors on the tuner board? Most of my boxes with weak FM tuners have responded well after this procedure. Most tuners have two to clean.

If all fails, I can get a working tuner board to you.

James.... :-)

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Well...., work in progress but I think it looks a lot better than few weeks ago. Deck re-belted, replaced all of the bulbs, cleaned everything, tuner still needs some work as FM does not tune correctly....and some left over cosmetic touches....

You said fm not tuning good but seems like your missing an antenna? Looking way better than earlier pics

Bad Boy Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.