Help me choose a box :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Reli said:
Ha ha, I just think needle meters would appeal to tech nerds & mechanics, while LED meters would appeal to party animals and fashionistas.
I like both types of meters, I think the design style, visual impact and prominence of each type can out do each other depending upon the individual merits of each.

Mustey

Member (SA)
Aug 17, 2017
I think me posting the link to the ebay S90 has made someone here aware of it and it had been purchased before I could make a move.
- No hard feelings, cash is king :)

I'll update here on what I eventually got and her response :)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
MyOhMy said:
If it's a first box for a non-collector, I would choose a box with LED meters, like a Lasonic. They provide some visual involvement to go with the sound. Plus I think the average girl/woman would like LED meters better than needle meters.
As long as the lights are a pretty shade of pink, eh? :yes: :-D

Only joking, don't take it to heart! :-D :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Way to offend our one and only girl! Now we're gonna be back down to NONE! :bang:

I just picked up a great Palladium off ebay Germany, was cheap and in 100% working order at 130 euros. I have seen them cheaper too. Have a look HERE

Mid sized,
great sound,
LED's for the ladies! :-P
240v
Also comes in Silver

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
If it's a first box for a non-collector, I would choose a box with LED meters, like a Lasonic. They provide some visual involvement to go with the sound. Plus I think the average girl/woman would like LED meters better than needle meters.
As long as the lights are a pretty shade of pink, eh? :yes: :-D

Only joking, don't take it to heart! :-D :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Way to offend our one and only girl! Now we're gonna be back down to NONE! :bang:

I just picked up a great Palladium off ebay Germany, was cheap and in 100% working order at 130 euros. I have seen them cheaper too. Have a look HERE

Mid sized,
great sound,
LED's for the ladies! :-P
240v
Also comes in Silver

Nice - but it would like much nicer in a leopard print with glittering Liberace style knobs. :-D :lol:

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Mustey said:
I think me posting the link to the ebay S90 has made someone here aware of it and it had been purchased before I could make a move.
Unfortunate that you didn't get this one.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Mustey said:

I confess I have bought the tosh s90...I was looking at her for a couple of weeks while she was listed on the bay, it was just to tempting..so apologies to you for my bad Sir...go with Reli the studio 1 blows away 99% of boomers it's real hifi quality and there are plenty in germany

Mustey

Member (SA)
Aug 17, 2017
Nah, nothing wrong. :)
I actually had a fighting chance and it was my choice to try and bargain. Got caught out but that's how money works :)
I found one quite a bit more cheap, at 500 pounds restored and shipped, not the same condition but also nice and I think I'll be going for it.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Mustey said:
Nah, nothing wrong. :)
I actually had a fighting chance and it was my choice to try and bargain. Got caught out but that's how money works :)
I found one quite a bit more cheap, at 500 pounds restored and shipped, not the same condition but also nice and I think I'll be going for it.
That's great news at that price id grab her, mine was on the expensive side, I'm not sure how long I have left in this world so I thought what the hell and went for her.... nice one

Status
Not open for further replies.