GE 3-5259A Blockbuster Spindle Gear Replacement

BoxBeats

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2022
Salinas, CA
Update on Spindle Gear: Revised version works great but I got a batch of inferior prints from JawsTech.com so I won’t be selling any due to having to print them at a higher cost at Shapeways.com. I could only afford the 3 that I need so if you need it just message me for the 3D model. I know the Shapeways.com prints will be solid. I’m still amazed that I made a part!

Reactions: Matrixambience

Matrixambience

Member (SA)
May 8, 2010
Strasburg,PA
Update on Spindle Gear: Revised version works great but I got a batch of inferior prints from JawsTech.com so I won’t be selling any due to having to print them at a higher cost at Shapeways.com. I could only afford the 3 that I need so if you need it just message me for the 3D model. I know the Shapeways.com prints will be solid. I’m still amazed that I made a part!
Hi Bombeats! It’s been a few months since we chatted about spindle gear issues with Blockbuster. Update: I have 4 now! Lol ! All varying degrees of repair woes. I have ordered four count of the head mount brackets for cassette tape deck.
I have two apart now, one will be a bonafide parts unit. Both have the notorious cracked spindle gear! Ugh! I want to order four of those gears. Do you have anymore produced yet I can purchase from you my friend? Appreciate it! Thanks! JP

BoxBeats

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2022
Salinas, CA
I can print out a batch for you, they are still not perfect tho. Just PM me your address and let me know quantity and I’ll mail them to you. You matched me in Blockbusters :).

Reactions: Matrixambience

Matrixambience

Member (SA)
May 8, 2010
Strasburg,PA
I can print out a batch for you, they are still not perfect tho. Just PM me your address and let me know quantity and I’ll mail them to you. You matched me in Blockbusters :).
Hey thanks!! Yeah I just keep finding them! I paid too much for first two, the third one was ok deal, the fourth one was killer deal with original owner bought it new in 1982, still has original manual, but cassette door has cracked glass and all hook tabs sheared off.
Thanks! JP

Last edited:

Matrixambience

Member (SA)
May 8, 2010
Strasburg,PA
Hey thanks!! Yeah I just keep finding them! I paid too much for first two, the third one was ok deal, the fourth one was killer deal with original owner bought it new in 1982, still has original manual, but cassette door has cracked glass and all hook tabs sheared off. It’s been a while since I been on here. Where do I PM you on this site?
Thanks! JP

BoxBeats

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2022
Salinas, CA
I can also send you some cassette door hooks. The way I got them to glue on properly was to insert them first into the cassette door holder frame and apply superglue and then press the door into place and let dry. Let me know.