For those that have m90 and maybe on there wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Dude, that is great.

So happy to see some progress on this, the RX-5050 was the only pot option anyone could find up until now. Good luck!

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Turns out it was wired in right, swapping the original volume pot back in made no difference.
Won't know until I fix it, but maybe L/R short has something to do with treble?
Just like that, outta nowhere!
When I first opened it I saw the second wiper still in place and thought phew, only one broke, but it was just sitting there.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Right after I fixed this, the bass control wipers fell off! Some JB plastic weld and both are back. This is probably the best way to fix these since it keeps a very low profile like the original rivets, to prevent unnecessary rubbing/friction against the tracks once reassembled.

Newclairtone7980

Member (SA)
Oct 15, 2017
ontario
caution said:
Turns out it was wired in right, swapping the original volume pot back in made no difference.
Won't know until I fix it, but maybe L/R short has something to do with treble?
Just like that, outta nowhere!
When I first opened it I saw the second wiper still in place and thought phew, only one broke, but it was just sitting there.

hi I see your missing a pin on the left side top hole looking at your picture of the volume board I just opened mine to fix it with the jb glue and mine has the 7 pins and yours only shows 6 pins did you forget to put it on

hi I see your missing a pin on the left side top hole looking at your picture of the volume board I just opened mine to fix it with the jb glue and mine has the 7 pins and yours only shows 6 pins did you forget to put it on

Newclairtone7980

Member (SA)
Oct 15, 2017
ontario
caution said:
I was fixing the bass pot in that pic, but same difference.
oh so the bass pot is almost the same but with 1 less pin I'm goingto glue my volume pot does your still work and what was the jb weld glue you used ??

Newclairtone7980

Member (SA)
Oct 15, 2017
ontario
Panasonic rx 5050 pot will not work right that boombox does not have a loudness spot and a few other dead spots its all on this web site about it

monchito said:
Ok there was a post of a member looking for a pot of a jvc m90 that was broke.. I sent him this pic so he would know that the Panasonic rx 5050 also uses this pot for those that some day have a broken one hopefully never but its good to know :yes: :yes: :yes:

Panasonic rx 5050 pot will not work right that boombox does not have a loudness spot and a few other dead spots its all on this web site about it

Status
Not open for further replies.