Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
awesome , i'll sell the one out of my rx 5050
operators are standing by :lol:
Scrap It I'll take It lol Tk's Monchito.

This is great news!! I was wondering JVC used common pots for their 90. It seemed logical... :dunce:

Way to go!

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
What's the surprise? :lol: These companies are a lot closer than most people realize. :-D

Matsushita began its relationship with JVC by bailing it out shortly after World War II. JVC is best known for inventing the VHS videotape standard in 1976. :-D
In 1953, JVC became majority-owned by Matsushita until 2007 when it was spun off and combined with Kenwood to become JVC-Kenwood Holdings. (Kenwood is another brand under the umbrella of a holding company similar to classic brands such as Akai, Teac, etc.)

Regardless, great info Ramoncheeeto!!!! :thumbsup:

Jboogie2384

Member (SA)
Sep 30, 2010
Queens, New York
I have a 5050 if anybody needs the pot from. The radio works but needs work to make it 100%. It started falling apart on me. Handle let go and the tape door won't open. Tuner works and line in does as well. Hit me up if its needed.

347 Tony

Member (SA)
Feb 11, 2013
Moncton
I have a 5050 if anybody needs the pot from. The radio works but needs work to make it 100%. It started falling apart on me. Handle let go and the tape door won't open. Tuner works and line in does as well. Hit me up if its needed.
How much for It? Tks

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
I wonder if those are available here: http://www.potentiometers.com/

Did anyone answer this question? I know you can get pots for guitars and all sorts of other electronics. It would be sad to dissect a JVC for a Panny :thumbsdown:

Or Vice Versa. :angelic:
Well....I guess well see how you feel after you get your M90 and if it needs a Panny part ! ! !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Hahaha, excellent! You guys are funny :lol:. Measure the speakers on that 5050, if they are 5-1/4" DIBS!

I hope the parts swap goes good.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Oh boy,I wonder what our Panasonic Super fan Superduper will have
to say about this scavaging!!!! :lol: :superduper:
Great news for you guys with bad pots on M-90's! Glad mind is fine!! :-)

Retro Addict

Member (SA)
May 12, 2009
England
You know that people who haven't got the money for high end boxes will be cringing right now, knowing that cheaper boxes they would go for, are being parted out to fix more expensive boxes. :yes: Nice repair tip though. :-)

347 Tony

Member (SA)
Feb 11, 2013
Moncton
Hahaha, excellent! You guys are funny :lol:. Measure the speakers on that 5050, if they are 5-1/4" DIBS!

I hope the parts swap goes good.
I'll let ya know. :lol: all joking aside, I think these go a little cheaper than a RC-M90 seriously 52 buck's and 22 buck's to ship UPS pretty cheap for a part that's been discontinued for 8 year's. but I'll prob keep the Pani and try to find another and build 1 out of two.I was gonna buy the fellow's on here but the shipping was a little pricey, Not sure why. Maybe It's where he Is located.

Matrixambience

Member (SA)
May 8, 2010
Strasburg,PA
It's funny here....scraping an old school 1980's silver boombox to save a suitcase m90, but 10 years ago most of us hated the early 90's eggs .....and now it seems they are getting more respect compared to what's out now.....which is junk or trying the retro 80's look with iPod docks and MP3 players and some of us here think they are the cats meow. Crazy mixed up world we live in. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.