Eating my lunch, checking ebay, wondering.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
baddboybill said:
Joe the luck you have getting these is unbelievable :thumbsup:

Luck
"When preperation meets opportunity"

:yes:

I do get "lucky" but have a lot of time searching for these nice deals ;-) . I'm sure 99% of us have TONS of time in searching. Next time your trigger fingers need some motivation :yes: .

I never thought that I would have ever owned as many of the M70 series boxes :-O .

2-Victor M70's
3-JVC M71's
3-JVC M70's

Maxx134

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2012
NYC USA
blu_fuz said:
baddboybill said:
Joe the luck you have getting these is unbelievable :thumbsup:

Luck
"When preperation meets opportunity"

:yes:

I do get "lucky" but have a lot of time searching for these nice deals ;-) . I'm sure 99% of us have TONS of time in searching. Next time your trigger fingers need some motivation :yes: .

I never thought that I would have ever owned as many of the M70 series boxes :-O .

2-Victor M70's
3-JVC M71's
3-JVC M70's
That is excellent!
Have you noticed any difference in performance or reliability between them?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
The only difference I noticed is that some were 40w or 47w. The 47w boxes were noticably louder when on the same volume number setting :hmmm: .

The Victor M70 is a 100V box and I plug it right into 120V outlets with no issues but this is a noticably louder box as well. I can't remember if it is a 40w or 47w box :hmmm: .

Other than that all other functions are basically the same.

Maxx134

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2012
NYC USA
blu_fuz said:
:lol: :yes:

Heart pounding out of my chest! I could feel the blood pressure pumping into my brain so hard that my vision was getting blury! :dunce:

Honestly, I didn't feel I had enough time to check the seller ratings :lol: . For $75 I will take the chance :breakdance: .
haha thats exactly how I felt when I nabbed an pana5500 recently :)
Almost had a heart attack and just reading yours gave me that feeling lol.

Maxx134

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2012
NYC USA

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Sliced smoked turkey breast on a onion egg roll warmed up for 45 seconds in the microwave :drool:.....

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
bklyn sound said:
Congrats joe great score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, didn't need your help with this one either even though it is coming from NY too! :w00t: :thumbsup:

Maxx134

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2012
NYC USA
blu_fuz said:
Superduper LED kit ordered :w00t: :thumbsup: :cool: .... come on boombox, HURRY UP! :lol:
which kit, all blue or whit and blue, or what?..,
& could youb post link please :)
By the way, you could have choked on that sandwhich,
you need to be more carefull! when on ebay :)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I went with white LEDs for the meters and amber LEDs for the tuner window, just like the last one I did:

Maxx134

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2012
NYC USA
blu_fuz said:
I went with white LEDs for the meters and amber LEDs for the tuner window, just like the last one I did:

[ Image ]
OMG what drooooll factor that GOLD is OMG wow drooool.

Anyway, I got my hands on two different watt models,
And you are 100% correct on that difference.
The m70c(47w) is noticeably louder than the m70jw(40w).
I noticed it is over one whole notch louder on volume slider.
Also I noticed the m70c woffers handling more midrange,
While the m70jw had the tweeters handling the mids more.
Not shire if it had to do with model number or usage,
As the m70jw was less used.
Here they are:

Left is m70c and right is m70jw.
I plan to keep the m70c and let go the m70jw.

lilo777

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2012
USA
Just an observation. I am in a mood to buy a boombox. So I have been watching ebay for about a week and I noticed that JVC M70 is rather popular there. Right now there are 6 of them for sale. I never heard of it before (I am not a collector). It seems like a nice model.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Maxx - nice M70's man! :thumbsup:

My JVC RC-M70W is 47 watts. I'm not sure where the "W" model originates :hmmm: but I found them both in Wisconsin USA. One came from ebay and the other was purchased local and the seller was the original owner.

Lilo - the M70 is just a good overall boombox that has some nice features. Is it the loudest? No. Is it the biggest? No. Is it the prettiest? No.

It is a good midsize, with decent bass, excellent mids and highs, and easy to work on. They are not for everyone.

It's not even my favorite boombox (getting close though) and I have 3 of them! :lol:

Maxx134

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2012
NYC USA
blu_fuz said:
Superduper LED kit ordered :w00t: :thumbsup: :cool: .... come on boombox, HURRY UP! :lol:
I caved in and ordered the mod as well.. white meter/blue dial with control unit.
I will open them both up at same time (hopefully next week),
and mimic the mod on other unit without the control unit, then sell it :p
Only need one of each lol.
This experience will help me to mod all my boxes with leds as I already opened and planing with two others.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Very cool. It's good to support other members and their skills. We all know we need eachother at some point :yes: ;-) .

I love these LED kits :drool: .

M71 should be here today or tomorrow....... :-O

Status
Not open for further replies.