*does anyone like boomboxes from the 1990's......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Prefer 80's boxes but 90's boxes are better sounding, least the good ones are, just given away 2 jvc dp200 kabooms, the pinchrollers were screwed, and i just couldn't sort them, and i never use cd these days, think iv given away about 8 boxes in the last few weeks, rather somebody get use from them as i never used them

tapemaster1.875

Sep 11, 2016
Oregon, United States
I've always wanted the Sony CFD 775, but I'm happy with my two Panasonic Platinum series boxes that I found at my local thrift stores! I got the DT 680 for $7.00 and the CS780 for $10.00! Both have the same speakers and Bi Amp system.

Attachments

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
I never liked the 90's boomboxes. With my gadgets, I always like em to have some style. 90's boomboxes are kinda bland to me and a lot of people. A lot of the models sound great, but I could also hunt for 80's boxes with excellent sound that are also awesome visually. Just my take on it. I remember having a PC-X1000 years back, used it all the time.

ricgib

Member (SA)
Aug 5, 2017
I am a boombox lover. I tend to buy them and give them away a lot. My latest is a JVC PCX1000 but the right channel seems to be out on it and it needs some work,also missing the CD magazine, if anyone out there knows where I can get one send me an e-mail,ricgib64@gmail.com and let me know your price. I don't know how to put pictures on here yet but I will post pics of some of my collection, if anyone is interested in the PCX1000 that I have you can send me an email.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
not a good idea to put your email on a public forum...best edit it out

as for the parts you want, best put up a separate thread in the right section as it'll get better results

cheers :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.