DiamondBoxx taking preorders on new model L2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
^ I don't say much because just about every word you type is what my simple mind is thinking but I hate agreeing with you.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Well I'd imagine most people just bring their phone with them and it automatically bluetooths to their car and continues playing whatever they had already been listening to. And I think apps like Pandora provide much more variety than the typical DJ, because they use predictive logic to guess what songs you'll be interested in. Whereas most radio DJ's have a more limited stack of "pre-approved" songs, so you end up hearing the same song again every 5 or 6 hours. :thumbsdown:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Superduper said:
But these new devices, how can I listen to the radio?
You can get almost any FM station on your phone, plus tons of stations from other cities that you couldn't get before........and then connect it to your speaker via cable or Bluetooth. Will the sound quality be as good as it would be thru your tuner? Probably not.....but it won't be a HUGE difference.

And regarding tapes and CD's, well.......can a classic box play USB's or SD cards? No. But almost every Bluetooth speaker can. And that's critical, because most people under, say, 40, keep all their music digitally instead of on tape or CD. So, I would argue you could still call some of these speakers "boomboxes" even though they don't have a tape deck or CD player. The DJ Tech for instance has a good FM tuner, BT, USB, SD, and Line In. That's all most "normal" people need. People like us who still have tapes and CD's are the minority.

Superduper

Member (SA)
But Reli, that's exactly what I was saying.... unless wifi is free for the masses, or subscriptions become unlimited (like domestic cell service these days), I simply can't see it challenging FM. FM is free, has good quality, and always there. Anything involving the phone requires wifi, and if you are like me, family of 4, always getting bandwidth usage warnings near the end of the month, using additional bandwidth to listen to internet radio in my car is the last thing I want to do.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Well, he's posted this month so that means he's most likely OK. As for facebook, I've considered deleting my account so many times already, because of the constant notifications that they are pretty much spam to me now. Also, somehow, I'm part of the facebook boombox group and I really want delete myself from that group, if only I can figure out how to do that.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Facebook - :lol:

My wife set up an account for me without my knowledge. 6 months later, she decided to tell me I had an account so I thought I’d see what all the fuss was about.

After trying to log in for the first time, I find a message from Facebook telling me my account had been hacked and they’d decided to kick me off!! :lol:

I didn’t even get a chance to log on!!!

I don’t do Facebook. :lol:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Barb Bush said:
.....The classics for when I need ‘the look’ and the Diamondboxx for when I need maximum performance! :rock:
Ok, but how do I tune into my favorite radio station & play it back in maximum performance with it? Or my recorded cassette tapes? No can do? Uhhhh...... well Ok, no problem, just tell me where’s the CD slot then.
Totally agree Norm, as far as im aware these don't even have tone controls lol :lol:

am i incorrect Jimmy? please fill us in :-)

You are correct! The bass and treble are controlled from your bluetooth device [mobile phone, tablet, computer.] using a graphic EQ applet. Otherwise, I find that I don't need it. The DiamondBoxx corrects for sound quality.

what a shame...another reason not to buy one

Don't knock it 'till you try it! The DiamondBoxx sound quality destroys any old boombox out there.

People poo-poo over new and improved. I get it, some people don't like change. And that's ok.

I'm just letting you hear my opinion. You might not think it but I value yours.

I value everyones opinion on here Sir unless there into mickey mouse radios lol but to me and so many others this is Not a boombox, atleast it dosen't have tape radio etc....im sure it sounds great and if you have one im glad you like it...i have one boombox myself that uranates over any 80's 90's boombox i have and that is the jvc rd md5....you should pick one up....makes m90's and conions sound like mickey mouse but again i don't use it much as it doesn't have cassette.....only one thing left to say that girl in you're av is Very beautiful Sir, god bless

Barb Bush

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2017
SoCal
Rimmer36 said:
.....The classics for when I need ‘the look’ and the Diamondboxx for when I need maximum performance! :rock:
Ok, but how do I tune into my favorite radio station & play it back in maximum performance with it? Or my recorded cassette tapes? No can do? Uhhhh...... well Ok, no problem, just tell me where’s the CD slot then.
Totally agree Norm, as far as im aware these don't even have tone controls lol :lol:

am i incorrect Jimmy? please fill us in :-)

You are correct! The bass and treble are controlled from your bluetooth device [mobile phone, tablet, computer.] using a graphic EQ applet. Otherwise, I find that I don't need it. The DiamondBoxx corrects for sound quality.

what a shame...another reason not to buy one

Don't knock it 'till you try it! The DiamondBoxx sound quality destroys any old boombox out there.

People poo-poo over new and improved. I get it, some people don't like change. And that's ok.

I'm just letting you hear my opinion. You might not think it but I value yours.

I value everyones opinion on here Sir unless there into mickey mouse radios lol but to me and so many others this is Not a boombox, atleast it dosen't have tape radio etc....im sure it sounds great and if you have one im glad you like it...i have one boombox myself that uranates over any 80's 90's boombox i have and that is the jvc rd md5....you should pick one up....makes m90's and conions sound like mickey mouse but again i don't use it much as it doesn't have cassette.....only one thing left to say that girl in you're av is Very beautiful Sir, god bless

I will have to keep on eye on out for that model. Mini disc has always been a cool media in my opinion. There is one currently on ebay, too bad the mini disc is not working. $350 usd.

I will tell her. I hated leaving her in bed today. She is amazing. She sent me this photo of her last night while I was working. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7h6essyj1y98u0r/10953.jpeg?dl=0

Status
Not open for further replies.