• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Looks like Pearl White it is! :thumbsup: Thanks for the votes everyone! :yes:

I find this a tiny bit amusing, because Pearl White is the first and only idea I had a couple months ago to paint it... :-D (no joke)
Looks like I would've had a winner if I just stuck to my gut feeling.. :hmmm:
The feet need to be fixed first, but I should start the resto pretty soon.. :angelic:

Here is some motorcycle pieces I painted Snowwhite Pearl by House of Kolor, this is without clearcoat.. I don't have any more on the shelf, so I will have to get some.. or there is a new Pearl white out by House of Kolor I might have to try.. Can't wait to clean this beauty up!

Jboogie2384

Member (SA)
Sep 30, 2010
Queens, New York
Friggin dope!! :thumbsup: I voted Pearl so I can't wait to see this. I might even try an buy a beater just so I can send it to ya!! (Hey wait!! I have a beater TC-999!!!)

superlew

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2012
Woburn, MA
On a related note, I went to the hardware store the other day and found all the screws needed for the back casing! They are threaded all the way down compared to half-threaded like the originals..
I did the same thing with mine. It was missing 3 screws.
I think the Pearl White will look awesome. Do you plan on going lighter with the tuner dial backing?
Can't wait to see how this goes.
:popcorn:

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
superlew said:
I think the Pearl White will look awesome. Do you plan on going lighter with the tuner dial backing?
Yes, on my Korean Conion I stripped the blue off the tuner backplate then polished the bare aluminum for a chrome look..numbers still light up in white!

Jboogie2384

Member (SA)
Sep 30, 2010
Queens, New York
JustCruisin said:
superlew said:
Yes, on my Korean Conion I stripped the blue off the tuner backplate then polished the bare aluminum for a chrome look..numbers still light up in white!
WHAT?!? Is there a pic of this?

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Started out as priming the CONION turned into sumpthin else...

This box used to have Beach stickers on it, so it's takin on some tropical colors.. Ha
Must be its soul.. :cool:image.jpgimage.jpg

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
:jawdrop:

I must have missed this thread last year when i took 1 year off from the internet :blush: ...can't wait to see the finished product :thumbsup: .

I voted for "grafitti" but no matter what you do i'm sure it will look good. Just don't do it red...i saw it done in red and it looked like cr@p :lol:

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Expanded on the color fades today.. Shock orange, apricot, peach, banana yellow, sky blue, lime green, magenta, and violet were the colors used.. Sealed it with a matte clear to keep with the pastel look..image.jpg

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.