Conion C-100 vs Clairtone 7980

Status
Not open for further replies.

m40dotcom

Member (SA)
Jan 24, 2011
Minneapolis
www.m40.com
Those are the ones I tried before for the Conion 100. Call me 'anal' but they just seem a bit thin to me. I think the length was good. Anyone know if the fs-12h ones are thicker and overall closer to original?

Don't these companies know that if they truly reproduced a few parts exact for these boxes, Conion's, M90's and the like, they would sell 100+ the first day to us rubes?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I sent the seller another message earlier today:

Dear froggy975,

Ebay has said I can send this back for a full refund and leave feedback, but I am surely not going to be sending this boombox back. There is a $350 freeze on your paypal account until I close the case with my decision. I am looking for a partial refund and will still consider the $150 refund that we talked about. Can you do the $150 refund or even $100 refund? It would change the feedback rating that I would leave for sure and I would close the case. It still gets money into your pocket and allows me to pay for some repairs of this boombox. Please respond quickly, thank you - JOE

Their reply :lol: :

Dear blu_fuz,

Let the games begin... i will just hand it over to my attorneys. so i dont have to deal with it. expect to hear from them the next few days.

dan

My reply:

Dear froggy975,

Don't get upset with me, I'm still trying to make it right directly with you. EBAY has sided with me in the case and EBAY has put a $350 freeze on your paypal account, not me. They will release the freeze on the account when I make a decision. I did nothing wrong in the transaction. I asked for certain shipping process, asked about the working condition of the boombox, and paid $100 more than your craigslist ad was for, and I paid IMMEDIATLY. I'm upset because I was lied to about the condition, not the cost of the boombox. BUT, because the boombox is broken it will cost me MORE, which was not part of the deal. If we can't figure something out (anything at this point), then I will make the final call. The choice is yours how you want this to go, I was just trying to let you make it right with any kind of partial refund.

Honestly, if this guy sends me $5 as a refund it would all end :lol: . He thinks I am personally attacking him or something :dunce:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
He's B.S n about attorney. If he don't give you a refund you will still have to either drop it or send bbx back. That really sucks cause it's like he won :thumbsdown: sorry dude :'-(

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Yeah, he doesn't look at it that he actually "won" in the end even though EBAY sided with me..... He will either get the radio back, refund the $350 and sell it for more, or I keep it and it's a done deal.

The way I look at it, either way, I WON! Great price on a 99% complete Clairtone 7980! :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Dear blu_fuz,

To whom It may concern,

It was cheap on craigslist because it was a local listed for the area of buffalo, not WI. There has been no such freeze on Daniel's paypal account because the account has been closed for a week now. Daniel does not have $100 avaiable at this time that You Sir are trying to recieve. Daniel had already packaged this item before He recieved your shipping suggestion. Daniel shipped via usps not ups because We has seen how ups treats there packages. There was no problem with the shipping. By the time we contact ebay via phone, The case will be in our favor. Daniel has been staying quit over the past week because We have been coming up with a plan to do this as economlicy fesiable as we can.

Both partys will be notified shortly,

- froggy975

My reply:

I before E except after C

^^^^^^ :lol:

Really looks like they are trying to pretend to be some type of 3rd party "lawyer" :lol: :nonono: :dunce:. Doesn't know proper english or how to spell. :dunce:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I looked up the mother's facebook :-/ . Kid and dad not public.

They run insulating and taxidermy busineses...... :w00t:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Yeah, looks that way. I've had enough fun :lol: .

Oh well.

Thanks for watching! :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.