Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
JVC Floyd said:
I like that black bumpboxx.
I think the handle would look better painted black and cut off the handle ends flush with the risers ,then it'll look farking awesome.
Black box made lots of improvement!
I know it is not easy to make a box for everyone's liking, but at least for the likes of the older generation of baby boomers (baby boomboxers) like me!

The corner protection piece makes it look like an old luggage. Handle looks like a door handle!
Pardon me! I know how hard it is to make a box like this to give good value out of it and savings for the manufacturer.

There must be a few top members from our group to make good comments on the design flaws.

Molded in plastic with fiber reinforcement is a very good option for the case.

Cassette deck is missing. (now I know how hard it is to include one from what Chris has posted)

I hope it is a stereo!
A long Radio dial with a rotary knob is a must!
No luggage looks!
Chrome dust caps? I love those!
VU meters? I love it!
Weighted tuning knob? I will kiss on it!
Solid Al knobs? Love it too!

:yes: :-D

Dr DER said:
Yes ... it should be in the US mid September. Release date is set for around October 1 . .
Is it a stereo????????

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
BoomboxLover48 said:
I hope it is a stereo!
A long Radio dial with a rotary knob is a must!
No luggage looks!
Chrome dust caps? I love those!
VU meters? I love it!
Weighted tuning knob? I will kiss on it!
Solid Al knobs? Love it too!

:yes: :-D
"Weighted tuning knob? I will kiss on it!" Best comment yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
JVC Floyd said:
Unless these newer boxes contain some kind of old school functionality like FM, cassette,aux in , they will always be nothing more than fancy iPod docks because without an external music player wtf do they really do?.
Most Bluetooth speakers have an Aux input. However most don't have FM radio. Bumpboxx does.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Royce, we aren't going to get what we want from Bumpboxx, it will have to be a site-based effort with the Boomboxery box.
That should be clear from the tooling costs involved with what it would take.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Rob knows what he's doing here guys. Making something that is the 'Biggest and Loudest' is easy and cheaper than making something that's the 'Most Beautiful and Best Sounding'.

To be successful in a business sense, you really need to drive down those costs. The case is where most of the dollars go and by making a simple rectangular box, costs are minimised. Sound quality was and never will be a Bumpboxx priority as the amount of R & D required to make something portable sound Hifi is just massive. There are numerous, huge established businesses that to date, still haven't achieved that!

Most powerful? Easy
Biggest? Easy
Loudest? Easy

The rest? Bloody hard. :-)

I'd be inclined to get the next model absolutely perfect before spending more precious resources on other models. Bumpboxx has made a name for themselves with the Freestyle. Now is the time to lift quality to 1980s standards and separate themselves from the scrum of competitors and make something better sounding than previously thought possible! :-)

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
caution said:
Royce, we aren't going to get what we want from Bumpboxx, it will have to be a site-based effort with the Boomboxery box.
That should be clear from the tooling costs involved with what it would take.
That is correct Eric!

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
You can now pre-order your V3
bumpboxxNew 440w Redesigned Digital Bumpboxx FreeStyle V3 is now on website and ready for Pre Order. New EZ payment option through Klarna at checkout. New colors & designs
Bumpboxx.com

Bumpboxx FreeStyle V3

Features
- Two 10" Woofers 4ohm
- Two 4" Tweeter Horns - 440 Watts max Power - Digital Amp
- Bluetooth (300ft range)
- New Stealth LED EQ Display
- Redesigned ergonomic handlebar - One Wireless Microphone
- Dual USB Charging ports
- Front Aux & remote sensor - SD & USB MP3 Players
- Record to USB/SD card
- Digital upgraded Fm radio
- Aux input / Output
- Guitar Input
- Microphone Input - Remote Control - Battery Indicator & low level warning beep
- Audio in/out for linking Multiple BumpBoxx units
- Rechargeable Battery with up to 12 hours of play time
- Carry strap - Updated coating - stronger mdf - onboard charger (standard AC plug)
- Size 39"x8.5"x22" IMG_3199.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.