Boomboxery Boombox!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
JVC Floyd said:
Whatever is eventually built I just hope its not a carbon copy of some other box, now combining the best features of some of the best looking boxes into a single design is the way to go.
Yep, for example, the speaker trim on the Conion TC-999 is some of the best I've ever seen, because of how nice and thick they are, with the fake rivets and everything.

And the DJ Tech has some of the best looking bass ports.

As for a tuner dial, that would be tougher to make it look right. But not impossible. I realize it couldn't be a mechanical tuner, but that's OK. Maybe install 3-4 digital readouts (VU, battery, tuner, track). I've seen digital VU's styled like a round analog meter. Then for a tuner glass, you could install a long sheet of semi-frosted acrylic over those digital readouts. This would carry the "glow" all the way across the dial. And then laser-etch a border around the edges of the acrylic to catch the light and emphasize the classic rectangular shape of it. Finally, etch 1 or 2 words into it, like "Boomboxery" or "Hyper Bass" or maybe the number of watts.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I would love to see a stereo version of the rc 550.
I think that design is perfect and it won't be a carbon copy because there's none in existence.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Reli said:
Whatever is eventually built I just hope its not a carbon copy of some other box, now combining the best features of some of the best looking boxes into a single design is the way to go.
Yep, for example, the speaker trim on the Conion TC-999 is some of the best I've ever seen, because of how nice and thick they are, with the fake rivets and everything.

And the DJ Tech has some of the best looking bass ports.

As for a tuner dial, that would be tougher to make it look right. But not impossible. I realize it couldn't be a mechanical tuner, but that's OK. Maybe install 3-4 digital readouts (VU, battery, tuner, track). I've seen digital VU's styled like a round analog meter. Then for a tuner glass, you could install a long sheet of semi-frosted acrylic over those digital readouts. This would carry the "glow" all the way across the dial. And then laser-etch a border around the edges of the acrylic to catch the light and emphasize the classic rectangular shape of it. Finally, etch 1 or 2 words into it, like "Boomboxery" or "Hyper Bass" or maybe the number of watts.
Nice concepts. I especially like the idea of housing those readouts behind the tuner glass!

Status
Not open for further replies.