Big Ben deck playback too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Thanks Norm, just as a quick update, I have confirmed that it is definitely the motor at fault and am rebuilding it with new components where possible and will retest.
Failing this, Norm has pointed out there is a module which could be used to manage the speed adjustment and just needs to be fitted in line with the motor and necessary adjustments of pots made to get the right speed level.
I'll update this with the outcome.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Well the actual motor itself works fine so doesn't need re-winding or anything like that but there is a small circuit board in the top of it which i'm now battling with.
The components on it are workable and mostly replaceable so I'll do what I can do and hope it fixes it :)
Norm pointed out that the IC's I've sourced could be fake and causing the issue so that is a valid possibility. I've got one IC left to test with and failing that I'll try source another one and see how it goes.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
I am testing now with one of the Sanyo motors above and am just awaiting some 8.2k and 330k resistors to put into the pitch circuit board again and begin to understand the voltage issue.
I have tested voltage at the power switch to be 16.8v and the same at the connect to the deck. Once I hsve the resistors so I can complete the circuit, I'll retest voltages.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Tried the deck now with various motors without success.

Since I have been able to test my deck with a motor from a different bigben, it confirmed the issue is in the motor.
I somehow need to test the green inductor choke thing and the other standard inductor and replace them because when I thought it was a plain resistor and replaced with such, it definitely affected the speed. I'm convinced that component is the issue since every other component has been replaced except for these 2 inductors.

Help to identify and source replacements please.

Status
Not open for further replies.