Belt Sizes - Post known belt sizes for your boxes here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikonfoo

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
yes I dont have the box in my possession so cant do the eye thing
this is what i think they are
Drive
FRX9.7
SCX5.1
Counter
SCX8.4

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
Belts are a nightmare to source, great if you know the exact one but try and find that size. The cost is usually more than the boomer is worth and you don't even know if that will fix it. What if your belts aren't listed anyware and have turned to black sticky licorice? Fear no more use some high quality super glue and make custom sizes to suit. With older decks you must get the balence correct between tension and purchase. If your belt is too tight it may slow the transport speed. If the belt is too loose the auto stop may not work. This can then be used to order the exact size belt. Or just keep using your custom one!

Norm1968

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2016
Ontario, Canada
decks&cassettes said:
Clairtone 7980 belt sizes for both decks been scouring the forms tonight and can't find any reference to 7980 belt sizes for both decks
The recommended belt sizes are SBS8.9 (counter belt and secondary belt) and FBM9.6 (flat drive belt). However, I found that SBS8.9 may be too tight and it too will affect rewind performance negatively by tugging too hard on one gear. You could possibly use a SBS9.2.
Tape 2 needs an SBM10.0 but, you can also use a SBS10.0.

1329alex

Member (SA)
Sep 18, 2017
This thread has been really helpful, thanks!

All I need to do now is source a UK-based supplier of belts in the sizes that I need.

Does anyone know a decent supplier I could buy belts from?

Alex

Newclairtone7980

Member (SA)
Oct 15, 2017
ontario
hi what size belt would a clairtone 7979 boombox use and how many belts does this boombox take and pictures would be great os a copy of the service manual would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.