Bad Ass Clairtone 7980 AKA CF100 Mod-Resto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Love the BLUE LEDS & backlight....AWESOME!! It's all down to voltage, current & load when talking watts to the speakers.....The C-100 probably dips down to about 5 OHMS at the very bottom limit, if that....From what I can understand from other members, because of the push-pull amp circuit design using 2 HAF-1392 stereo amp driver IC's, this would equate to about 2.5 OHMS on each channel of a traditional amp design. This is about the limit of the amp's electrical operating range & ability to deliver current but using a larger, more efficient speaker using a larger magnet &/or a larger coil doesn't matter as long as the electrical impedance load on the original amp doesn't dip below 5 OHMS or so, as a system....

Now, as far as additional power to drive a separate added amp, you will quickly pop the appliance fuse that protects from shorts & over-current conditions....that is my prediction. If you try to bypass the protection circuit & go full bore with your amp & added current demands on the transformer & rectifier, YOU ARE REALLY ASKING FOR TROUBLE!!!! I put this in caps because you really shouldn't do that unless you are willing to risk a fire....that simple...whatever power you tap, make sure it's fuse protected as originally designed....every mod I do falls within the original fuse protected demands...for a reason...

Otherwise, badass ideas so far & looking forward to the results....

Status
Not open for further replies.