August 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Looks like a day that wont soon be forgotten!!!
Lots of great looking radios, and some awesome members in attendance.
Looking forward to the vids.
You guys must of had a great time :rock:

Mattsonic

Member (SA)
Aug 9, 2014
SGV
www.panikdiaries.com
Great to meet you guys yesterday. Definitely game to come back and do this again. Also happy to find out I live so close to Owen and Miles. Miles and I will be setting up a Boomboxery gallery exhibition at La Luz de Jesus Gallery for August 2015 that will be absolutely epic! I've got to score a West Coast shirt from Peter & Adrian! Thanks again, Chris, for hosting and inviting me into the group. Any questions about Japanese, we're happy to help with.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Northerner said:
Looks like you had a great time, some fantastic boxes on show, and I bet the sound from all of them at once was amazing!! :-)
It was all smiles, we rocked them all from the smallest to the biggest!

Mattsonic said:
Great to meet you guys yesterday. Definitely game to come back and do this again. Also happy to find out I live so close to Owen and Miles. Miles and I will be setting up a Boomboxery gallery exhibition at La Luz de Jesus Gallery for August 2015 that will be absolutely epic! I've got to score a West Coast shirt from Peter & Adrian! Thanks again, Chris, for hosting and inviting me into the group. Any questions about Japanese, we're happy to help with.
Thanks Matt, it was really kind of your G/F to help us out, our Japanese is a little rusty :lol: . Next time you are over I have a bunch more radio's for her to explain! :yes: :-D

im_alan_partridge said:
Wow, Wow. Those vids are great :yes: theres defo a couple of boxes ive never even seen before.

It must have been so loud in the garage with all those radios blasting. Happy days.
There were time's when we couldn't even hear ourselves talking! We were yelling over the music, it was classic :lol: Nothing like 80 speakers going at one time! :clap:

mac daddy freshness

Member (SA)
Jun 6, 2011
Sunny California
I had a blast yesterday Chris! This one is deffinately one for the books i saw some radios i had no idea existed i absolutely was floored by the micro boxes they are now on my want list. And as for the boomboxery west coast shirts,i took a screenprinting class during the summer and this was our final so these two shirts are the only in existance BUT maybe we can make this a thing so we can all represent and look like complete bada$$es lol

Attachments

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
mac daddy freshness said:
I had a blast yesterday Chris! This one is deffinately one for the books i saw some radios i had no idea existed i absolutely was floored by the micro boxes they are now on my want list. And as for the Boomboxery west coast shirts,i took a screenprinting class during the summer and this was our final so these two shirts are the only in existance BUT maybe we can make this a thing so we can all represent and look like complete bada$$es lol
Those micro cassette boxes were really cool. Owen had some great examples!

I'm glad you had fun, It's always great to hang out with you! We'll do it again in China Town!

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
So frickin cool to watch and hear all those blasters at once :jawdrop: :bow:

To whomever owns the Sharp TV boombox, I CALL DIBS!!!! :drool:

fresh produce

Member (SA)
Oct 12, 2010
Sunny California
I had a great time! Thank you Chris for hosting I felt so comfortable I was already looking for my room to stay in :lol: We got to do this again! I'm super happy I came home with a new sony :thumbsup: here's some more pics!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
k2j said:
So frickin cool to watch and hear all those blasters at once :jawdrop: :bow:

To whomever owns the Sharp TV boombox, I CALL DIBS!!!! :drool:
That is Miles', I don't think he'll be parting with that any time soon! :-D

fresh produce said:
I had a great time! Thank you Chris for hosting I felt so comfortable I was already looking for my room to stay in :lol: We got to do this again! I'm super happy I came home with a new sony :thumbsup: here's some more pics!
Glad you had a good time Peter, it was a blast! Any time you need some place to crash, I'll set you up an air mattress in the boom room! :lol:

kraftmatic

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles, USA
Hey guys, sorry for the delay in posting here. I'm uploading some photos right now so I should be able to post them in a few minutes. But just wanted to say big thanks to Chris for hosting the party, I had a great time! And it was great reconnecting with Peter and Miles and meeting Adrien and Matt. Chris's newly repaired Jumbo was my favorite of the day, but there were a lot of really cool boxes. It was a great day for me and I can't wait to do it again. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at Beat Swap in Chinatown. Thanks again, Chris!

Status
Not open for further replies.