Anyone purchase the BUMPBOXX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
It’s 2018 and the world of high fidelity sound has degenerated to such a point that we now have ‘simulated stereo’. :lol: :lol:

10645855-2998-4E6C-ACEE-A0C3B0007960.png

:lol: :lol: Well actually, it is a big deal when your ‘tuned and ported’ cabinet is ‘not actually tuned at all’ because of all of the farts it’s pushing out of the side panel.

When maximum volume and minimum build cost are your only concerns, then you end up with the Freestyle:

Mono amp for maximum output on 12 volts.
Single capacitor ‘crossover’ (cheap) to the tweeter but full range (maximum power) to the driver. (BAD) for sound quality having a 10 inch driver muddying up the sound by attempting to produce high frequencies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
God damn is it me or are those like the ugliest f****** tweeters ever.

Yeah with all this modern technology now here comes the flimsy amplified speaker box to usher in the future . Complete with cartoonish sized Spectrum analyzer that's twice the size it should be just a cover up some of the ugly. I almost forgot to mention that hideous fishnet crap holder right in the middle.

Oh and the handle was made from recycled lawn chairs from the 70s.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I used towel bar on one of my custom boxes but i ultimately looked for a better solution after being made fun of which I deserved lol.
That's one good thing about the bumpp boxx there's so much wrong with it it's good for a laugh.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
I have a Bumpboxx and I want to hate it because of the way they treated Chris and Dave, and because it’s one of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen...but sadly I still love it just because it’s soooooo loud.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Fatdog said:
Just announced that the V3 is available in STEREO. I asked if there is a modification I can do to my mono V3 and they said yes but voids warranty unless I send it in for them to do.

I'm going to try it.
Really, Joe? You're going to mention a mod, and then give no details. As Ira would say... LOSER :lol: :lol: :-P

Post a mod thread when you get a chance though. I imagine some guys might like to try it.
Their reply:

"The only possible way to do an upgrade would be to swap out all of the internal components, which would entail buying a whole complete box. And to be honest, not worth the effort. I'd save my money and wait until our new digital camo come out and order that instead!!!"

Um nope. Thanks anyway.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Ahh, the classic up-sale. But, if you stop to think about it, they basically are saying all the internal components are shite for stereo applications. That doesn't sound like they put too much thought into the design - at least for the first few models.

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
I guess I forgot to post my Comment yesterday. For some reason I thought this thread was deleted. I just discovered it yesterday. I really appreciate all your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.