Akai AJ500FS World's #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hi Bill,

Sure we will meet some day! My work needs lots of travel and I am away randomly on customer calls. Life is not easy for me bro! That is my problem. If I get heads up from you for a meet I will sure make it. Old age, aches and pains are all creeping in even though I look so much younger than my age. Now I have a nasty knee pain from playing tennis after so many years. I never learn.... :lol: :lol:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
d8614ss said:
here's another upside down box which is a new one on me, check out the vid below guys.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TRL-e_Ekds
i love this akai , looks so bad ass like and old battlestar galactica cylon centurion boom box .

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
JVC Floyd said:
i love this akai , looks so bad ass like and old battlestar galactica cylon centurion boom box .
JVC Floyd said:
Hi Floyd, I have the same unit. I love the weighted tuning dials.

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2012
Abu Dhabi, UAE
BoomboxLover48 said:
I know this model was the top one back in 1981. It was sold in Gulf countries especially at Doha, Qatar. My cousin bought it from there. That is when I saw the AJ500FS wonder.
Our first tape recorder was an Akai. AJ-350, mono. It was sold after we got the Pioneer CK-R500.
(The last one in the picture)
Akai Brochure.JPG

At the same year or so, my uncle got an AJ-480, which I used to drool at every time we visited their home.
(The first one in the picture).

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2012
Abu Dhabi, UAE
frontside5 said:
Nice find!

So many nice upside downs. Exactly what was the design purpose behind putting the tuner on the bottom?
Styling unlimited. To stand out in the crowd.
Just like Audi extended the Grill below the bumper!

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's so hard to take eyes off from AJ500. It got dial lights that works with a press and hold switch. This can be modified to a blue LED type. I will work on it later. Truly a masterpiece in everyway. Soon will post more detailed pictures of the knobs and all.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.