mellymelsr
Fresh Produce

You can see this is already starting to turn into an "Event" :-D

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
JustCruisin said:
FYI, there is a place "in between strips" that is called 18 Block.. It is the designated Art District in Las Vegas.. 18 square blocks of graffiti murals that would make some nice backgrounds for photos! It is between the Stratosphere/Sahara/etc and the Plaza/Fremont Street..
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
After looking at those images and the proportions of the walls, my first thought was : wouldn't it just be so cool to have a GINORMOUS BB painted onto a wall? It wouldn't necessarily have to look too.......'formal' but just be great artwork! :yes:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
MyOhMy said:
After looking at those images and the proportions of the walls, my first thought was : wouldn't it just be so cool to have a GINORMOUS BB painted onto a wall? It wouldn't necessarily have to look too.......'formal' but just be great artwork! :yes:
I have seen a graffiti giant boombox pic someone????

So MyOhMy, you coming out from the UK? We need a try female collector/restorer there :-D

jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
'International' :-)
Jimmy!!!!! I know it's a long ride over....but you got a year to plan :yes: :cool:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
OK, we need to work on Mr & Mrs Fatdog :yes:
How cool would it be to legitimize this event and have the OWNER and CREATOR of Boomboxery there!!!!

In fact, we need all the founding father's of Boomboxery there :yes:

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
How cool would it be to legitimize this event and have the OWNER and CREATOR of Boomboxery there!!!!

They BETTER be there or else :lol: . I think that this WILL be THE event and meet of any or all boombox meets...i'll be reppin' my city in Vegas to the fullest :thumbsup:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
gsbadbmr said:
They BETTER be there or else :lol: . I think that this WILL be THE event and meet of any or all boombox meets...i'll be reppin' my city in Vegas to the fullest :thumbsup:
I agree, Everyone needs to start PM'ing Fatdog and MrsFatdog NOW! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
I forgot that there was already a thread on Boomboxery. I could fly to Vegas, but this would be worthy of a rental car, to transport my boxes to help with the line up. I'm definitely planning on attending. I'll talk with the wife and our boys about making it a family event. We love Vegas. I think we should contact local TV & radio stations about this as the time nears for coverage. The Lowrider Car Show promoters might even plug us in somewhere in their event for even more publicity. Just some thoughts. Local media love interesting stories. With a year to plan, I'd love to see some international members able to make it. That would really bring US together.

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
THAFUZZ said:
I forgot that there was already a thread on Boomboxery. I could fly to Vegas, but this would be worthy of a rental car, to transport my boxes to help with the line up. I'm definitely planning on attending. I'll talk with the wife and our boys about making it a family event. We love Vegas. I think we should contact local TV & radio stations about this as the time nears for coverage. The Lowrider Car Show promoters might even plug us in somewhere in their event for even more publicity. Just some thoughts. Local media love interesting stories. With a year to plan, I'd love to see some international members able to make it. That would really bring US together.
I love the way you think. I agree we need to go big! We need to bring our hobby to the forefront in a big way. Like I've said before, if Star Trek and Star Wars fans can have huge events, there is no reason why we can not!

mancardo

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2012
Goodyear, AZ U.S.
Lasonic TRC-920 said:

That would be Awesome!!

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
I love everybody's enthusiasm about this, it all started out as just an idea, at Denny's on Sunset Blvd after the Hollywod meet. A big thanks to Dave for suggesting Vegas!!!

Everyone has mentioned some great ideas and input on this, so thanks to all of you, ITS GONNA BE ON!!!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
I have seen a graffiti giant boombox pic someone????

So MyOhMy, you coming out from the UK? We need a try female collector/restorer there :-D
I'd love to attend, it'll also be somewhat warmer than UK so that alone would make the trip worthwhile! I'm not one for travelling much these days, I fulfilled my role as an International Jet Setter some time ago and the nearest I got to yourselves was Mexico and Dulles airport on the way to Calgary in the early 80's. (TBH, I spent so much of my life travelling and moving around I just can't seem to settle down even now but I'm trying very hard! *sigh* )

Status
Not open for further replies.