Belt Sizes - Post known belt sizes for your boxes here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
If you know exactly which belts fit your boxes, how about adding to this thread? Let's make this a reference thread that we can all add to and all benefit from. As this grows it will surely reduce search time for this often critical information.

I'll start with this one and add a few more later:

Pioneer SK-71

FRX 11.7 (11.7" inner circumfrence, W= 0.15", T=.031")
SCX 4.0 (4" x .046" square belt)
SCX 4.3 (4.3" x 0.46" square belt)
SCY 6.1 (6.1" x .031" square belt)

(SK-71 has extra belts for tape memory feature, but main belts should be same for SK-61 & SK-91 and maybe even a few other Pioneer models)

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
:jawdrop: That's awesome, we've needed data like this for a long time. That should help bring a lot of boxes back to life. :thumbsup:

What book did you get that out of?

I went to visit the tech yesterday to pick up my Yamaha C-45 preamp and a Nak 480 for our member Stranj.... The tech has always been very forthcoming with information about belts and such. I asked him where he gets all of that information and he produced a 1 inch thick 8 1/2" x 11" blue paperback and handed it to me. I happened to have my camera with me because I was also there to photograph some really high end McIntosh amps and speakers that I might be brokering for him. I thumbed through the book for a few brief minutes and shot some pics of what I though were the pages in that book that would have the most boomboxes on them.

He did point out to me that the information was online and directed me to the Russell Industries website. We pulled it up there and tried to load the CROSS REFERENCE SOFTWARE from the site below, but it didn't work on his PC. I have not tried it on mine... I just bookmarked the site for now as I don't need any belts that aren't on these pages at this time.

http://www.russellind.com/downl.htm

algeeba

Member (SA)
Jan 22, 2010
:bow: Thank you, thank you, thank you Jaetee :bow:

This is exactly what I needed. Have been putting off taking some cassette decks, boomboxes, walkmans, and car decks apart due to having to do the job twice.

Everything working fine, catalog and cross-reference software.

:-) :-) :-)

Yeah!!!! JT does it again!!!! You won't believe this, but just last night I was taking apart my beautiful Pioneer SK-606F (pictures below) to do all the belts in it... WoW... this came in handy!!! Incredible info JT... thanks bro...
The difference between this one and the 650 is that mine has the Color LCD Clock Digital Quartz thingy instead of the VU's
Picture with the bra off... ;-) So you can behold the original speakers! It's got a great powerful sound for it's size.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Dang, jaetee! How did I miss those pictures before?! :blush: :huh: :dunce:

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast

:-D :-D :-D

Next time I go visit my tech (to pick up my SK-71 which has an issue my belt change wouldn't fix) I'll have him let me shoot some more pics out of that book...

I will check out this forum before I go and try to find what is most desperately needed and add to this thread.

LMK what you guys are after...

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009

:-D :-D :-D

Next time I go visit my tech (to pick up my SK-71 which has an issue my belt change wouldn't fix) I'll have him let me shoot some more pics out of that book...

I will check out this forum before I go and try to find what is most desperately needed and add to this thread.

LMK what you guys are after...Dude! Just casually walk out the door with it and scan every last page of that book. :thumbsup: :yes: ;-) :agree: :ninja:

Then, of course, return it. :yes: ;-)

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
I tried on a Win 3.11 and a Win 95 to run the software on the site to no avail.

However, on looking at all the files the one with a LOT of belt references with exact codes of ones needed in it is this PDF which is 4.1mb:-

Yikes!!!!! Did someone say belts????

So awesome find jaetee thanks a lot..

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Docs!!!!!!! That is an amazing find!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :agree: :cool: :w00t:

I did notice a few boomboxes weren't listed in the Aiwa section and of course Conion. However, it's still a goldmine of information and I'll be converting all of that to a searchable database in the coming weeks for sure. :yes:

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
I was thinking the very same thing about sql'ing that sucker so I'm glad you got skills to do it!!
Sad a few are missing but I searched a few main and not so main and sure enough there they were.
:lol: :w00t:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I tried on a Win 3.11 and a Win 95 to run the software on the site to no avail.

However, on looking at all the files the one with a LOT of belt references with exact codes of ones needed in it is this PDF which is 4.1mb:-

Yikes!!!!! Did someone say belts????

So awesome find jaetee thanks a lot..
I just found out after ordering some belts for a bunch of my bbx's that some of the sizes are wrong :sad: I had ordered belts for two of my sounddesign boxes and the sizes were way off :sad: Some are good sizes though but if you can measure its probably better :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.