Hitachi trk-8600HC

donahuest

Member (SA)
May 4, 2018
London, Ontario
Hello. I was hoping someone can help me with this. I replace the belts but now have it back together and nothing happens. Any suggestions. I think the belts are on right and all the gears appear to turn when you push by hand. Any help would be appreciated I’m starting to bang my head against the wall

B49918F8-0A22-40D6-B9A8-8E98A34CE881.jpeg052A14CC-D93F-43F0-B271-AD262DD96526.jpegD3CE7B0F-6476-4B6D-AB8F-CED27AC99B44.jpeg

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
docs said:
Try turning the flywheel by hand to see if you can reset it manually.
Yes, the deck needs resetting.

The pulley got a flat belt and a square belt. Hope you installed both belts.

It appears like the wires were touching the pause button. Pause light is on.

Push the white buttons for play after releasing the pause.

donahuest

Member (SA)
May 4, 2018
London, Ontario
I turned the flywheel by hand and it clicked so maybe it reset. I can push play stop rewind and they seem like they stay in when pushed however the pause light still stays on when I hook the panel back up. When I press the pause button it stays depressed even when pushing again. The only way to release the pause is to reach in underneath and do it.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
http://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/24444-hitachi-trk-8600e-dodgy-deck-distraction-naughty-noise/

There are lots of pics here. I also put so many pics.

donahuest said:
I turned the flywheel by hand and it clicked so maybe it reset. I can push play stop rewind and they seem like they stay in when pushed however the pause light still stays on when I hook the panel back up. When I press the pause button it stays depressed even when pushing again. The only way to release the pause is to reach in underneath and do it.
When you release the pause, is the play working?

I mentioned before...... the wires near the plug needs to be well tucked it. It is somehow touching the pause button when you put the cover back.

It needs some patience to tuck it in nicely.

Push those wires to the right corner and push it aside so they won't get over the pause button.

Attachments

donahuest

Member (SA)
May 4, 2018
London, Ontario
Even when I release the pause the play doesn’t work. Ill try again tomorrow to see if I can look at the pause better and make sure the wires are tucked good. Thanks again for the help. Great pictures btw. Now time to watch episode 5 of mandalorian with baby Yoda.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
donahuest said:
Even when I release the pause the play doesn’t work. Ill try again tomorrow to see if I can look at the pause better and make sure the wires are tucked good. Thanks again for the help. Great pictures btw. Now time to watch episode 5 of mandalorian with baby Yoda.
Take the deck out and see play works. It could be something very simple. Check if the belts are put the right way. In my case I only struggled with the tucking of wire and learn how to put it back with the front feather touch panel out. Without that panel/cover off...…. I suffered. Learned it the hard way. I have his cousin 8600RM that is also like this model. I replaced belts and all.

donahuest

Member (SA)
May 4, 2018
London, Ontario
BoomboxLover48 said:
http://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/21805-hitachi-trk8600-servicing/

I have more pics of 8600RM here... those decks are kind of similar.
I notice in your pic (as said by northerner). That the middle belt is a different path than I put it. I went under the wheel on the left and over the second one. I think you have pics of the belt doing that on another thread so I followed that. Do you know which one is the correct path? Or are the 2 models different?EE10298C-6EAF-4C43-A1FE-C1B3C5726795.png28374848-1A5D-4821-BAB1-77BB3870BE69.png

I notice in your pic (as said by northerner). That the middle belt is a different path than I put it. I went under the wheel on the left and over the second one. I think you have pics of the belt doing that on another thread so I followed that. Do you know which one is the correct path? Or are the 2 models different?

The second pic is how I have my belt path, it appears right I think? I’m wondering if it has some to do with the pause. The light wasn’t on before I took it apart, only the play light was lit. Also When I press pause it stays depressed even upon pushing pause again or any other buttons. I have to turn the black gear under the flywheel just very slightly to get the pause to release, although after doing that the play still doesn’t work so maybe it’s just a coincidence.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I will look for more pictures. the deck should work fine when it is out.

More pics... 3rd pic from top.....the slightly blurred pic..... is from Christine (MyOhMy)

Attachments

donahuest

Member (SA)
May 4, 2018
London, Ontario
Nice pics thanks. It appears that everything is the same as In your pics. Everything else on this box functions nice so it would be a shame not to get her going. I think maybe I’ll take the belts off and start again and see what happens 😤

donahuest

Member (SA)
May 4, 2018
London, Ontario
Does anybody know if this plug needs to be connected for the tape deck to play? I’m trying to test and nothing is happening but I’m not sure if the two plugs in from besides the touch control plug need to be plugged in?2A51BA23-9803-475A-8C7A-8466A2B24100.jpeg