Hitachi TRK8600 servicing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Can't believe I'm having to ask how to get in a box lol but I've removed all the screws, opened the deck door, but it's not shifting even slightly!

Any clues?

Cheers :-)

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have a Hitachi TRK8600.

I believe there are locking points across the edges of the cover! I opened it up an year or two ago.

When you open it the plug connecting the deck controls will pull and pop out. It is such a pain to put it back. We need Santa's little elves to put it back. I struggled with two fingers to lock it in place.

It is a complicated deck. :yes:

Good Luck!

Attachments

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Yeh got the back off with a bit of effort....sussed getting the door and keys off but it's was stuck fast. Turns out it's was just been held with the tape they put on the edges to stop rattles...think the glue had seeped out and was sticking it all together really firmly. Got there in the end tho :-)

I cleaned, serviced and rebelted it with no difficulty...but there's no life from the deck at all so will have to spend some further time on it

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Hey BBL do you have a pic of the way the belts go...I replaced them the way the were already fitted but yours looks different I think?

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
The third pic from top shows the connector I am talking about that is hard to put on when you close the unit. You need to hook it to operate the deck feather touch buttons. :-D

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Yeh pretty sure the middle belt didn't go like that on mine, I'll have another look, thanks :-) There was a casing screw missing so maybe someone had already been in and messed with it

The connector to put the deck buttons back wasn't too bad to put in on mine.

Thanks for the pics, really helpful :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.