C-100F door coming to life

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I'm reverse engineering the C-100F cassette door so they can be 3D printed.
I had to learn a 3D CAD tool, so it was slow at first, but now that I'm getting the hang of it, things are going a bit faster.
Thought you'd all enjoy a few shots, it's about halfway done.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
You guys should see Eric's hand-drawings of all the necessary dimensions and angles and stuff.... or you'll have no idea how complex it was. I'm guessing he must have entered at least 200 dimensions into that program. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Truly amazing

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Wow, this is awesome, i can fully appreciate how much work this must of been.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
That is going to be the bomb once completed. I haven't a clue what something like this takes to build. I just know that it's insanely difficult.

Excellent job Eric.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Reli said:
You guys should see Eric's hand-drawings of all the necessary dimensions and angles and stuff.... or you'll have no idea how complex it was. I'm guessing he must have entered at least 200 dimensions into that program. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Truly amazing
Yes I've seen em too, Eric is a mad scientist no doubt, his work and dedication is top notch

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
All done! Who wants to print some doors? :-D

It took some time to perfect the stuff using arcs, but in the end it all measures perfectly. Window glass and retention bracket to follow :cool:

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Now that I've got the window done I am doubtful it will ever get made like the original, so perhaps a modified version with a thin slot on three sides for a chunk of plexiglass/perspex would be good enough. I could also merge the window piece with the door, but then you wouldn't be able to use an original window if you find one.

Also, if the door is too hard to print as is, I could pull the guides off. Do it as three pieces, and glue them together afterwards.

If trim isn't available, the window could be redesigned with that area filled in and perhaps embossed with some text.