Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster84

Boomus Fidelis
hemiguy2006 said:
Conion c 100 f
Sharp gf 777
Jvc rcm90

:agree: Love them or hate them these boxes represent big time booming from the 80's and even those that don't collect often recognize these boxes.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
add -- runner ups

lasonic 920
lasonic 931
jvc 550
jvc m70
crown 850
discolite
sanyo 9994

------------------

'just sayin' -- there is alot more than 3 :-)

baddboybill

Boomus Fidelis
redbenjoe said:
add -- runner ups

lasonic 920
lasonic 931
jvc 550
jvc m70
crown 850
discolite
sanyo 9994

------------------

'just sayin' -- there is alot more than 3 :-)

Also the Lasonic 975 and Sharp VZ2000

Reli

Boomus Fidelis
hemiguy2006 said:
Conion c 100 f
Sharp gf 777
Jvc rcm90
Agree with the first two........They make quite an impression, because:

1) The C100 is so big, has lots of shiny trim, and big bright LEDs
2) The 777 has 4 speakers in a row, which made it stand out

But the M90? Nah......it's big but not all THAT big, and it's not very flashy either. It's pretty conservative.

I remember C100's, 777's, and Lasonics from my youth, but no other boomboxes......

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
I'd add the Intersound/AKA J-747 Super Jumbo too, but that about does it I reckon.

p9010223.jpg

Overall I'd definitely say THE most iconic is the Conion C100F though.

Rock On.

Jboogie2384

Member (SA)
Gluecifer said:
I'd add the Intersound/AKA J-747 Super Jumbo too, but that about does it I reckon.

[ Image ]

Overall I'd definitely say THE most iconic is the Conion C100F though.

Rock On.
:agree:
I gotta say that I agree with the 3 choices. Glue your right as well with the J1. After "Do The Right Thing" blew up Radio Raheem I can't stop staring at it and it sits among the other "greats". I don't remember the M90 growing up. Lasonic's where everywhere with the L30's all over the place in the Bronx and Brooklyn.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
If you think about it:
Number one must be the JVC RC-550 just cause it was kind of the first real street warrior and its whole design was laid out to be played outside.
The looks of it are also very very unique in the boombox world.
Number two would have to be the Conion C-100F because in my opinion it is the best looking boombox ever made. The clichee of a boombox is the C100 - you think boombox, you think C100. The GF777 might have been outstanding with 4 woofers but it was never the first thing i thought about when i wanted to get myself an old radio :lol: .
Then number three can only be the infamous JVC RC-M90. Not because of its looks or size (okay, it is pretty big and looks pretty much like a ghettoblaster as you would picture it) but because of its appearance on LL Cool J's cover and, most important, its sound. I think only few will disagree when i say the M90 is easily the best sounding boombox out there. And whoever disagrees has never heard one. :lol:
So while there are plenty of other boomboxes that are iconic and stand out, I think the top three are the ones named above :yes:

alfie

Member (SA)
mmcodomino said:
If you think about it:
Number one must be the JVC RC-550 just cause it was kind of the first real street warrior and its whole design was laid out to be played outside.
The looks of it are also very very unique in the boombox world.
Number two would have to be the Conion C-100F because in my opinion it is the best looking boombox ever made. The clichee of a boombox is the C100 - you think boombox, you think C100. The GF777 might have been outstanding with 4 woofers but it was never the first thing i thought about when i wanted to get myself an old radio :lol: .
Then number three can only be the infamous JVC RC-M90. Not because of its looks or size (okay, it is pretty big and looks pretty much like a ghettoblaster as you would picture it) but because of its appearance on LL Cool J's cover and, most important, its sound. I think only few will disagree when i say the M90 is easily the best sounding boombox out there. And whoever disagrees has never heard one. :lol:
So while there are plenty of other boomboxes that are iconic and stand out, I think the top three are the ones named above :yes:

Got to agree with you Max on the RC550 call, however I also agree with Reli that the M90, as beautiful and sought after as it is probably isn't as iconic to people who dont know about boom boxes. The average Joe is likely to recognise a GF777 though.
My vote in no particular order

Conion c100f
Sharp gf 777
JVC RC 550

Zippy

Member (SA)
I agree with alfie. The Gf-777 is more recognisable. Also it's got the double tape deck which was very important for recording mixtapes :yes:

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
The m 90 although not flashy like the others is indeed iconic ,and also claimed by most as the
"King of the Boomboxes"
I guess the answer to this question is very subjective and may have many different answers depending on where you
Are from.
If I were to replace the m-90 with anything it would be the Lasonic 931 or Rising sRC2015

Status
Not open for further replies.