VZ-2000 Record Player Stylus Moves but Doesn't Play

thekrakenisme

Member (SA)
Apr 23, 2021
Texas
Hi all. I've fixed up everything else on this beast but here's where I'm at with the record player. It will engage the stylus, and it seems to lightly graze the record but just move continuously all the way forward and then back.

Selecting side B also makes the front stylus move (?!) but it won't do the 'engage' part where it lowers to the record.

I have a video here of the issue.

Any ideas why it's not playing normally and just charging ahead?

Thanks-
Dan

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Hi all. I've fixed up everything else on this beast but here's where I'm at with the record player. It will engage the stylus, and it seems to lightly graze the record but just move continuously all the way forward and then back.

Selecting side B also makes the front stylus move (?!) but it won't do the 'engage' part where it lowers to the record.

I have a video here of the issue.

Any ideas why it's not playing normally and just charging ahead?

Thanks-
Dan
I would check the tension on the small belt on the turntable that advances the stylus head sometimes these things get bound up and they don't move in time with the turntable platter and it just gets all wonky from there.

Reactions: thekrakenisme

thekrakenisme

Member (SA)
Apr 23, 2021
Texas
I would check the tension on the small belt on the turntable that advances the stylus head sometimes these things get bound up and they don't move in time with the turntable platter and it just gets all wonky from there.
ok thanks, I'll take a look