Update on the livingroom beast ! Pioneer SA8800

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
Looking EPIC!!! I like the use of the old tv as well, though if it were mine, it would have a retro computer game theme!
Thank you ! yeah the tv set is an old 1969 mitsubishi that i got from a farmer up the side of a mountain in west wales uk no lies was a mission in my mk4 vw golf lol but yeah i got two old tv sets like that both none working ! So the mitsubishi one being the biggest one i turned into a mini bar for my livingroom it has lights inside aswell lol the table its sat on at the mo will be replaced with hair pin legs at some point i have many projects on at the same time lol ! The second old tv set i have like that one will be turned into a retro arcade machine with a modern flat screen monitor behind the original glass of the tv set with a small pc computer behind it so i can stream , browse and emulate all manor of games and consals and arcade roms ! im also in the middle of building a full size arcade cabinate in my kitchen lol im nearly done with the computer inside of it as far as software and emulators & roms go ! iv made my arcade cabinate out of a old broken fruit machine i got from a pub for free lol just have to add the joy sticks and buttons , bezel and plexiglass , marquee with back light , then wrap the cabinate and add decals ! also have a Reliant three wheeler inearly finished too lol so yeah im keeping busy

Reactions: lupogtiboy

Vibesy

Apr 20, 2021
Cambridge
Great amplifiers those Pioneer SA-8800 and 9800 I am on the look out for a SA-9800 to go with my Pioneer CT-F1250 tape deck