The New Boom Room in Italy in 4K

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Having seen it in person I can say that Chris has done a top notch job with his display, it’s an absolute joy to behold.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Those Lasonic TRC-920 radios look like tiny Vinix units next to that Wheely. :lol:

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Badass collection and setup, i'm looking forward to something like this of my own soon since my last kid just moved out! Gonna be awhile before I have that many boxes though. :-D
Time to re-wall paper the kids bedroom....with Boomboxes!!!!!

Kenpat said:
This is...awesome! :drool:
Looks like your living la dolce vita...where 'bouts you located in town? Apartment, villa...parco?
Tell me you're up on the Manzoni!

Congratulations on an awe-inspiring Boom Room!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
We have our own villa, fairly private, no real neighbors, mostly in the agriculture area north of Napoli. So volume is not an issue.

Thanks for your kind word brother :yes:
We lived in Lago Patria, just before the 4-laner next to the Hotel Emilia when I was a teen...Afsouth Post was where I got my first Boomer, the GF-9090...just like the one I traded you.
My Brother was back 5 years ago, and I stay in touch on Facebook with friends and former teachers who still live there. He says it's kinda depressing until you get all the way out to Pinetamare, sadly.
Ahh, Pizza By The Meter, up the mountain in Vico Equense...down to Amalfi...weekend trips to Capri with friends. Good times!

I wish I was in your shoes. I understand the Navy still does repair work at the Port. I could use a working vacation, lol.

Good to hear from you, brother. :chris920: Rock on.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
This pic needs to be on a ‘Best of 80s’ album cover - awesome job Chris. :rock:
EE5402E3-5996-45F9-88DB-3F1862D585EC.png
Thanks JJ, I need to do an updated video as I have added a few new tricks! I will do that later this summer.

docs said:
Having seen it in person I can say that Chris has done a top notch job with his display, it’s an absolute joy to behold.
Thanks Dave, I still walk down the stairs every morning and just say "F... :jawdrop: ...K" But it's so much better to have some one to share it with. It was great having you and your wife here.

Fatdog said:
Those Lasonic TRC-920 radios look like tiny Vinix units next to that Wheely. :lol:
It's so true, that Wheely is just crazy!

Kenpat said:
We lived in Lago Patria, just before the 4-laner next to the Hotel Emilia when I was a teen...Afsouth Post was where I got my first Boomer, the GF-9090...just like the one I traded you.

My Brother was back 5 years ago, and I stay in touch on Facebook with friends and former teachers who still live there. He says it's kinda depressing until you get all the way out to Pinetamare, sadly.
Ahh, Pizza By The Meter, up the mountain in Vico Equense...down to Amalfi...weekend trips to Capri with friends. Good times!

I wish I was in your shoes. I understand the Navy still does repair work at the Port. I could use a working vacation, lol.

Good to hear from you, brother. :chris920: Rock on.
Lago Patria is right up the road. That's where my current repair tech is. Your 9090 will be featured in the next issue of Boombox Magazine!!!!

If you ever get back here, you know you got a place to stay!

IN THE BOOM ROOM :rock: :rock: :rock:

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
I recommend the Fried Calamari at the Hotel Emilia. Rings 2.5 inches across, in a BIG bowl...fresh lemon & salt. With some Spaghetti Alla Carbonara...mmmmmm.
The fishing, tho, might not be what it once was locally, lol.

Damn, dude, gastronomically speaking...you're in Heaven.

Forza Napoli!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Kenpat said:
I recommend the Fried Calamari at the Hotel Emilia. Rings 2.5 inches across, in a BIG bowl...fresh lemon & salt. With some Spaghetti Alla Carbonara...mmmmmm.
The fishing, tho, might not be what it once was locally, lol.

Damn, dude, gastronomically speaking...you're in Heaven.

Forza Napoli!
There is no doubt, the food here is off the charts!