The Aiwa CS-660!! (Stereo660)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
Hi everyone-I recently had the oppurtunity to get a rather large 1 piece boombox known as the Aiwa CS-Stereo660!!
This thing wasn't working at all-just static and no deck so I got it for next to nothing!!
I upon seeing that there was static opened her up and saw that the tuner board was missing the screws but was out of the tuning knob dealy!
I had some extra screws and put it back together and now all 4 bands rock and everything works except the deck which BTW is a 2 motor full logic deck! :blush: :hmmm:

One word or 2 for this is:It's insane!!This is one bad MFer!!! :-O :-O :-O
I mean what's in this thing??? :-O
The DSL makes this sound like boomboxes that couldn't!! :surf: :thumbsup:

Now if I can just get the deck to work!
Everything is all original except the antenna-I think it's a aftermarket but not bad.
Photos soon!

I can't believe the tuning how strong it is and the sound quality-SUPERB!!
How does this compare to the 880??
Is it close-is the deck the same?

Looks to be a very high quality deck!
I love the blue dial background and the VU's!!
In very,very food shape!
I'm happy!!!!
Have a good one-GB. :-) :yes: :-P :cool: :surf: :thumbsup: :choco: :breakdance: :breakdance: :cool:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
nice going on your 660 , jeff -
it does have a wonderful sound with that great DSL circuit

the 880 is in a MUCH bigger league --
but very $$$$ for a good working model

skippy1969

Boomus Fidelis
Congrats Jeff,the CS660 is a personal grail of mine. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :stereo:
BTW,the deck is logic controlled,but it only has one motor. :yes:

MasterBlaster84

Boomus Fidelis
Excellent box to have Jeff, the 660 is a clean and classic box with great sound.
Aiwa was really on to something good with their DSL circuit. :thumbsup:

Like Ira said the 880 is in the next league but the 660 is still a great box. :yes:

blah blah

Member (SA)
to me, the 660 might be the richest sounding mid-size. that dsl is magic and great looking to boot :thumbsup:

MasterBlaster84

Boomus Fidelis
redbenjoe said:
a few days ago -- i won this aiwa 968 --
think its exactly a 660 without the great dsl and without the square grills- :hmmm:
so - HOPING --with the bass & treble way up --
that it will sound almost like a 660 :-) :angelic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AIWA-80s-TPR-968H-4 ... 5196841397

Nice Ira, I had the Japan version and it was a lot like the 660 without DSL. I almost went for that one just because it looks cool, glad you won it and glad I didn't run the price up. :yes:

monchito

Boomus Fidelis
wow that a nice one gb ,, the dual motor deck is the 990 i have the 660,880,990 also but the deck is basicly like the 880 except for the 990 and the 968 which uses the logic deck which has the dreaded bottom firing motor just for deck operation :thumbsdown: other than that the 660 i would concider it a big contender with the likes of the sanyo 9994 :drool: :drool: :drool: so you did very good.... :yes: :yes: :yes:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
Thanks guys for all your replies!
This is my new boombox for bedtime listening!

Yes Skippy-your right as when I opened it up it's a 1 motor.
No power going to the motor and if you hit play and spin the flywheel to make it go back to stop mode-you hear a click like it wants to do something.
All belts are good!
Easy to re-belt this one if needed!

I have to say if the 880 is anything like this-I have to get one someday! I remember Tony's when I was at the meet-sounded really nice!

I'm only on the internet once or twice a week now!! So busy living and enjoying and doing Christmas stuff to!
I like it this way-just need to live outside the internet sometimes!
Working a little on my Camaro and getting boomboxes in order-moving them around and doing some repairing!

I will try to post photos this weekend!

Have a great weekend-GB. :-) :yes: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.