TDK 3 Speaker Boom Box - volume currupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane jourdan

Member (SA)
So... the volume control started acting up and I found that it seems to be an issue with these.

Because of the case design I opted to not take it apart for the repair. Arthroscopic surgery was required through the volume know hole.

I bought an aluminum case, switch ( because OEM pot has power sw incorporated ) and nice knob.

The sound IS BETTER than NEW, not sure if some how distortion was created, but now at wide open its so clean. or any other setting.

Just thought I would share an easy fix...

I purchased this pot: ALPS RK27112 Potentiometer 50K logarithmic audio taper pot.

IMG_4900.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4896 (1).jpg
    IMG_4896 (1).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4898.jpg
    IMG_4898.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4903.jpg
    IMG_4903.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 13

Superduper

Staff member
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
But TDK DID make good cassette tapes right?! :-)
Except THIS TDK product is not nearly the same TDK products of old. In fact, if you go to the TDK website, and look under the products tab, I don't see the boomboxes at all, almost like they are afraid of associating these things with their name, lol.

Reli

Boomus Fidelis
Those boxes are notorious for breakdowns and warranty returns. Which explains why TDK dumped them and introduced totally new models (which don't sound as good) only one year later.

You always see lots of them on Ebay where the seller claims ignorance, saying that it "hasn't been tested"......gee I wonder why

Status
Not open for further replies.