TDK 3 Speak Boombox

iced07

Hey guys, so I have had my TDK Life on Record 77000015360 3 Speaker Boombox since 2013 and it's been great, but today I decided to see if I can update the firmware so it doesn't auto turn off anymore. I found one on this site and unzipped the file put it on a flashdrive, held ok and updated. The screen went black and it hasn't turned back on since. Does anyone know how to fix and/or have the correct firmware update?
Thanks ! Eric

hopey

Member (SA)
your bricked the flash Rom failed. you have to have the correct firmware on a usb 1.0 stick. It can be done keep trying to re flash until it works.

restocat

Member (SA)
Yikes. Good luck with it!
Glad they didn't design things like this in the 80's; we would be screwed at this point, trying to find 40 year old firmware updates.

dekka_hm

So, I spent hours on getting an old enough flash drive, naming it TDKFLASH, etc. But in the end what made the upgrade *actually work" was naming the file on the usb all lower case (and removing the model prefix). file should be named avr32fwupgrade.uc3

I think it is related to the bootloader they used AVR32758: AVR32 UC3 Host Mass Storage Bootloader (microchip.com)

My TP6803 was *bricked* from a failed upgrade until I did this.

Fatdog

Staff member
So, I spent hours on getting an old enough flash drive, naming it TDKFLASH, etc. But in the end what made the upgrade *actually work" was naming the file on the usb all lower case (and removing the model prefix). file should be named avr32fwupgrade.uc3

I think it is related to the bootloader they used AVR32758: AVR32 UC3 Host Mass Storage Bootloader (microchip.com)

My TP6803 was *bricked* from a failed upgrade until I did this.
Thanks for that information!