Spring steel for cassette tray - where to get a replacement? UK

iainjh

Member (SA)
May 5, 2020
Hi !

Sharp VZ2000 in Uk.

Under the cassette tray there should be 2 spring steel things to hold the tape up into position when the door is closed. But there's one missing and I cant for the life of me find anything I can cut up or glue on... Ebay or otherwise

Could anyone please suggest what to search for, where, or how to make a new one? Has to be UK.

camphoto_758783491.JPG

**thank you!!!!

iain

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Hi !

Sharp VZ2000 in Uk.

Under the cassette tray there should be 2 spring steel things to hold the tape up into position when the door is closed. But there's one missing and I cant for the life of me find anything I can cut up or glue on... Ebay or otherwise

Could anyone please suggest what to search for, where, or how to make a new one? Has to be UK.

View attachment 57886

**thank you!!!!

iain
Those Springs keep pressure on the cassette and hold it down securely when the cassette door is closed.
I might have one of these Springs but it's going to take me time to find it if I do. I have a spare tray someplace.

iainjh

Member (SA)
May 5, 2020
Thats really good of you. but lets hold as I fixed my tray in other areas, and would hate to grab it /take it from someone if theres another fix I can easily apply Thank you for the thought!

i cant beleive I cant find thin spring steel! maybe I could buy a broken deck or find a bit of shielding.... or make something that will do the job...

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
If you have an old flashlight there's usually a spring that goes from the power switch and makes contact with the bulb and its made of almost the same material as the spring in the cassette tray.