So i bought my daughter a Akai TP-520 midi system today

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
it's the most powerful aiwa ever made reli, blows all but one amp away, the rest of the aiwa range was mickey mouse with low power, had several of this model and they were the same bro...i can't take it above half way it's that loud lad lol, plus i don't want to blow the amp haha, there was also an aiwa nsx s999 which was supposed to be double the power but it was total rubbish i had 2 of them lad:beer2:

Last edited:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
There's nothing in that box that would consume 820 watts. That's more than any monster receiver from the 70s!!!!!

Plus those midget speakers couldn't handle more than 100 watts.

EDIT: I just checked the owners manual, and it says it puts out only 150 watts "music power", so figure only 50-100 watts FTC, lol

Manufacturers aren't required to tell the truth on ANY of this data, even the label on the back. I am disappointed in Aiwa, I can't stand cheaters and liars.

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and I'm sure it sounds nice. Definitely one of the best shelf systems. How does it compare to any of the JVC Giga-Tube systems, have you tried any of those?

Last edited:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Just wondering why it seems so damn loud to me then bro, that sansui amp of mine is rated at 200w rms P/c and its the biggest overstatement i have heard, the aiwa just seems so damn loud

i dont mean on its original speakers but on these

i heard one of those giga tube jvc's and wasn't that impressed the same with a jvc adigio system (the one with remote tweeters lol) that one was a huge disappointment.....the only reason i ended up with aiwa nsx 999's is because i was always coming across them second hand lad, they were £499 new and were seen as the end for hifi...the main reason i like them is because there so damn loud for a small form factor, the build quality was right out of the window by then

i have heard other aiwa compact systems and they were quarter the power of this one bro

i also have a couple of aiwa stack systems, forget model number and there rated at 80 w p/c but the nsx 999 blows them away lol

i mean you could almost have a rave with this thing lol

Last edited:

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
There's nothing in that box that would consume 820 watts. That's more than any monster receiver from the 70s!!!!!

Plus those midget speakers couldn't handle more than 100 watts.

EDIT: I just checked the owners manual, and it says it puts out only 150 watts "music power", so figure only 50-100 watts FTC, lol

Manufacturers aren't required to tell the truth on ANY of this data, even the label on the back. I am disappointed in Aiwa, I can't stand cheaters and liars.

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and I'm sure it sounds nice. Definitely one of the best shelf systems. How does it compare to any of the JVC Giga-Tube systems, have you tried any of those?
i have to say you are bang on ! these days companys like this lie their asses off and say **** like 1000 watts ! Yeah like for a nano second more like stupid peak power crappy ratings like this came in the 90s everywhere ! it would be far better if it just said what it actually is 150 watts is bladdy loud in a small room it would be deffening ! to be fair these small all in one things i hated alot i mean alot but these happen to sound nice and a few by phillips also sony jvc had some nice sounding ones ! But for raw power these were not up there ! you would have to get a real hifi for that sorry ! these were great bedroom things also what let them down was that they broke so quickly so after seeing friends buy them and blow them up or the cd started to click or make funky noises or just wouldnt open and get ya disc stuck also a cassette chewer after a year or so ! looked nice though lol ! sorry Reno ya know im not a fan bro ! has to be a massive TECHNICS stack system bro duel mono fat amps !

Reactions: Radio raheem

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
Just wondering why it seems so damn loud to me then bro, that sansui amp of mine is rated at 200w rms P/c and its the biggest overstatement i have heard, the aiwa just seems so damn loud

i dont mean on its original speakers but on these

i heard one of those giga tube jvc's and wasn't that impressed the same with a jvc adigio system (the one with remote tweeters lol) that one was a huge disappointment.....the only reason i ended up with aiwa nsx 999's is because i was always coming across them second hand lad, they were £499 new and were seen as the end for hifi...the main reason i like them is because there so damn loud for a small form factor, the build quality was right out of the window by then

i have heard other aiwa compact systems and they were quarter the power of this one bro

i also have a couple of aiwa stack systems, forget model number and there rated at 80 w p/c but the nsx 999 blows them away lol

i mean you could almost have a rave with this thing lol
Dude micky mouse ! get the technics back on them huge speakers and put that fisherprice thing in the currys room lol you have one of the best systems iv seen my friend so put it back on ! i will be over when i can to laugh at this fisherprice playschool box you have you nutter lol !! if you dont like your stunning duel mono sansui amp it would look very nice in my collection dude hehehehehe

• Love
Reactions: Radio raheem

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Richard has totally effed up my other systems bro, i will need to re wire them from the beginning and i just cant see these days bro grrrr, the mickey mouse aiwa will do until i get around to it lad lol

Reactions: TechnicsDan82

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Well all i can say, i have had this on for a couple of days and the specs totally LIE, it's just so damn powerful irrespective of the build quality, totally love it

apologies for the thread hijacking Dan lad :beer2:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TechnicsDan82