SHARP GF-7600 RESTORATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

spindiesel

Member (SA)
I have had this box for about a year, and recently the volume slider and balance slider produce static when moved. Also, the left speaker often completely cuts out, or produces an extreme amount of static, and it's sometimes remedied by touching the on/off switch. I've opened the box, and am going to grab some deoxit, and attempt to restore it. However, I can't seem to find an information on this box. I picked it up in Australia, and it appears it's the next version up from the GF-7500, with the graphic equaliser added.

http://www.shizaudio.ru/audio/detai...ch&sessionid=0252a30c26ae66ee3170365883ba6425

SHARP_GF_-_7600.jpg

I've read a few cleaning guides for other systems, however I'm still pretty clueless as to where to start. I'm a complete novice with this type of thing, and couldn't identify what pots etc were if my life depended on it! I was just going to get in there with the deoxit and spray near the switches etc and see what happens, I'm just wanting to make sure that the deoxit won't damage the plastic, or anything else it happens to come in contact with that isn't metal? Or has anybody had similar problems with a GF-7500 and could offer some advice?

Also, should i be grabbing the deoxit d5?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Hey mate and welcome :-D

If your clueless with the inner workings of the boombox then feel free to join the "Open it, Look, Feel out of Depth, Close it" club of which i am the president :lol:

Good luck

spindiesel

Member (SA)
Haha cheers Alan, right now I'm definitely leaning towards membership of that club, so far I've got through the "Open it, Look, Feel out of Depth" stages, am hoping I can add a 'Apply Deoxit' step in there somewhere and see some positive results!

Here's some more pics of my own box if it helps anyone...

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

And the outside while I'm at it...

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

docs

Member (SA)
:hi:

Just get the deoxit with a straw to apply it with.
Get a tissue or cloth and place it around the sliders etc and apply some deoxit in there and switch/slide it while applying.
Do not be overly liberal with it, just spray some in there and switch/slide appropriately.
Do all of the switches and sliders too.
Rinse and repeat for best results.

Status
Not open for further replies.