Sales Brochures, english

iainjh

Member (SA)
Hi

Ive been searching around for manufacturers original sales brochures for boomboxes and hifi's - specifically the 1978-84 era, Sharp VZ range and Technics, the stuff of dreams as a kid :)

I found a few pdf's on archive.org but they all seem to be German!

Does anyone please have pdf's they could share? or know of a) somewhere that has originals for sale or b) any online links? I found an archive on here, long closed..

ideally kit that was on sale in the UK. They were foldouts of about 8 pages, sometimes if the TV audio format they were bigger. examples:

TIA! :) Iain

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 22.38.25.pngScreenshot 2024-06-28 at 22.38.11.png

Fatdog

Staff member
I used to have maybe 50 megabytes worth of brochure images years ago, but I lost them all in a totally unexpected hard drive crash. I might have a couple of bookmarks with stuff. I'll have to get back with you on that.

Superduper

Staff member
Oh! Gotcha. It’s a home stereo system, it looked a lot like a big boombox lol but I suppose that’s more wishful fantasy in my boombox infested brain.

Reactions: floyd

floyd

Boomus Fidelis
Hi

Ive been searching around for manufacturers original sales brochures for boomboxes and hifi's - specifically the 1978-84 era, Sharp VZ range and Technics, the stuff of dreams as a kid :)

I found a few pdf's on archive.org but they all seem to be German!

Does anyone please have pdf's they could share? or know of a) somewhere that has originals for sale or b) any online links? I found an archive on here, long closed..

ideally kit that was on sale in the UK. They were foldouts of about 8 pages, sometimes if the TV audio format they were bigger. examples:

TIA! :) Iain

View attachment 58862View attachment 58863
Sharp really was in a league of its own with these music centres.

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
Hi

Have you seen this?

To my knowledge, this is the most comprehensive archive for golden era electronics.

You can translate other language images using Image Translation option in Google Translate.

Reactions: smeltedcheese

iainjh

Member (SA)
Hi

That is indeed a motherlode!! Man alive Theres some good stuff there… most german

I might end up taking a selection of pages, translating in the pdf’s and printing those…

If anyone still has it comes across English sales brochures ( sharp vz for me:)! ) please do share

Thank you v much for links above guys