Realistic SCR-6 repaired and modded

pferrera

Nov 14, 2023
western NY
Hi all. I had an SCR-6 when I was a kid, I broke it and tossed it away. Recently I found one on Ebay and grabbed it up. It needed belts and a good cleaning as all the mechanics were gummed up. I also wanted to add LEDS to the tuner sweep (old eyes can't read up close) and Bluetooth so I can play it from my phone. I will throw a couple pics in here.

Attachments

pferrera

Nov 14, 2023
western NY
I can post the BT board and LED strips I found on Amazon. It was easy. I just got parts that would run off 12v so I did not have to make a regulator board too. It took some probing on the power supply to find 12v that was there on AC and on DC but I found it and made my connections there. For the BT I simply tied into the Aux input on the rear of the unit and hot glued the parts somewhere that had open space and would not interfere with anything. Also I chose the hot glue route cause I can pop that off and undo the mod without any permanent damage to the unit. I did have to leave the (Neg audio input) unconnected when I tapped into the AUX input due to ground loop noise. But surprisingly it is working just great with the only ground being to the power supply.

below are the BT board and LEDS
LEDs at Amazon
BT board