My Functionally Restored Lasonic TRC-920

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

Member (SA)
Here is my functionally restored TRC-920. Repairs: Replaced Cassette Belt Kit, 2 Resistors, Radio Display Light, VU/Meter Lights, and 4 Filter Capacitors. Now I need to get it painted. I'll do a video soon.

Attachments

• Will's Restore Lasonic TRC-920.JPG
    Will's Restore Lasonic TRC-920.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 25
  • Will's Restored Lasonic TRC-920a.JPG
    Will's Restored Lasonic TRC-920a.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 19

Will

Member (SA)
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
WOW WILL!!!!!

Did you do the work yourself?

That thing looks great!
Confession, I cheated. Had a TV electronic repair shop do the work. It was their first time ever working on a vintage boombox. They were hesitant at first. When I told them that guys all around the world repair boombox as a hobby or just for fun, they were up for the challenge. It took them or I should say him less than 24 hours to complete it.

Will said:
Confession, I cheated. Had a TV electronic repair shop do the work. It was their first time ever working on a vintage boombox. They were hesitant at first. When I told them that guys all around the world repair boombox as a hobby or just for fun, they were up for the challenge. It took them or I should say him less than 24 hours to complete it.
Were the filter caps tested and found to be bad or were they replaced as a precaution?

Will

Member (SA)
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Were the filter caps tested and found to be bad or were they replaced as a precaution?
I had them to test everything. A couple were bad, so as a precaution I told them to fix or replace anything that was necessary for the box to function as new.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
That's not cheating at all. If you're not comfortable doing something, than having someone else doing is better than not being done at all.

trippy1313 said:
That's not cheating at all. If you're not comfortable doing something, than having someone else doing is better than not being done at all.
Exactly!! A working box is a working box - who cares who did the repairs! And who knows, if that box was repaired by the average Boombox enthusiest, those bad filter caps would probably have been missed! :-)

T-STER

Member (SA)
Beauty, love the 920 looks, one of my favorite Lasonics. You're lucky to have a repair shop nearby to!

Will

Member (SA)
Just noticed that my Lasonic TRC-920 is not functioning 100%. The pause button is not pausing the cassette. Gonna have to get that checked out.

Will

Member (SA)
Will said:
Just noticed that my Lasonic TRC-920 is not functioning 100%. The pause button is not pausing the cassette. Gonna have to get that checked out.
The pause button is fixed now free of charge.

SLO

Member (SA)
I love the 920, us So Cal boys are lucky to have at least 2 repair techs within driving distance (and we HAD Chris) but Chris will be relocating soon :'-( I am very limited when it comes to tech skills, so having a good tech is worth every penny for me. Well done on getting yours all buttoned up. Now throw in some D's and hit the streets! :w00t:

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Will said:
trippy1313 said:
That's 100% correct. I'm sure Caution would even agree. It's better than some folks who do more harm than good poking around inside their equipment. I had my M90 restored to fully working order by a local repair shop. Even though I had to find the parts, the repair cost by a pro was well worth it in the end :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.