Mixxtape - portable music player

goodman

Member (SA)
I can't remember if we talked about this product or not?
So here is some interesting device:

Official YouTube channel:

Official site:

I like it, looks so cool. What do you think?

Fatdog

Staff member
That's nice! If he brings back the sale from a few months ago, I am definitely getting one. :yes: :cool:

caution

Member (SA)
I can't remember if we talked about this product or not?

I wrote about the first version, with the black cassette shell
Hopefully your newer version has improved...

Tinman

Member (SA)
Looks cool enough.
Watching the video on his site, for some reason he's really hung up on the "yo momma" jokes which is a little strange.

Thomy71

Member (SA)
And this is meant to be used in a boombox without hearing bad noise mostly? Then I'd appreciate it. The bluetooth adapter I already have was useless to me.

goodman

Member (SA)
Yes, this is one of the solutions for listening to music if the boombox does not have a line input.

Fatdog

Staff member
I'm trying to figure out how the Retroman gets sound to the boombox. There's no spring/felt pad to force what appears to be actual tape against the play head. Hmm. :hmmm:

yammi99

Member (SA)
I'm trying to figure out how the Retroman gets sound to the boombox. There's no spring/felt pad to force what appears to be actual tape against the play head. Hmm. :hmmm:
I think the Retroman is just an FM Transmitter. In the video the display shows "91.90MHz" what probably is the transmitting frequency. Maybe it can be adjusted

Fatdog

Staff member
I think the Retroman is just an FM Transmitter. In the video the display shows "91.90MHz" what probably is the transmitting frequency. Maybe it can be adjusted
Ah, that makes total sense now. Thanks for pointing that out. :yes: