JVC DC33L belt sizes, not much info on the net

wayne916

Member (SA)
JVC DC33L belt sizes, not much info on the net, all can find is for the cassette,
Just brought the DC-33L from eBay, has major faults, dose not help that the detachable rear power supply missing!!

Turntable large BELT = E69782-01 ?
IN OUT MECH BELT = E71000-001 ?
I do have the originals, happy to give stretched folded lengths if it helps?

CASSETTE
inside Circumference Thickness Width
FR BELT EGMD4019 SBS4.3 - 10.9cm 1.2mm 1.2mm
DRIVE BELT EGMD4004 SBS6.0 - 15.2cm 1.2mm 1.2mm
AUTO BELT EGMD4003 SBO4.0 - 10.2cm 1mm 1mm

Any help with sizes or a Uk suppliers much appreciated.

Fatdog

Staff member
This information is already listed here:

caution

Member (SA)
Follow these instructions for the turntable belts
  1. Thread non-stretchable string around all the pulleys of the entire belt path, including the motor drive pulley. You may need to use a little tape to hold the string in place. Taking extra time to do this gives us a solid length, from which we can develop an accurate belt cross reference for you so you can get the right belt the 1st time. We highly prefer this method over getting a length measurement of your old belt as we don't really know if your old belt stretched a lot or a little over the decades. Other vendors are still using the last resort method below.
  2. Then mark the string with a felt marker where the two ends meet.
  3. Then measure the total length of the string between the marks
A belt is about 3-5% shorter than the length of your actual belt path, which is the industry standard to provide correct tension, torque and playback without excess strain on your motor pulley.

wayne916

Member (SA)
This information is already listed here:

Hi thanks, for the info, I really should read the top Threads!! might have saved me an hour of googling! initially i did a search on the forum for DC-33L and it came up with nothing useful. Unfortunately the list dose not include the JVC-33L Turntable belts, I will follow member "caution" recommendations for measuring the belts and post the details.

wayne916

Member (SA)
Follow these instructions for the turntable belts
  1. Thread non-stretchable string around all the pulleys of the entire belt path, including the motor drive pulley. You may need to use a little tape to hold the string in place. Taking extra time to do this gives us a solid length, from which we can develop an accurate belt cross reference for you so you can get the right belt the 1st time. We highly prefer this method over getting a length measurement of your old belt as we don't really know if your old belt stretched a lot or a little over the decades. Other vendors are still using the last resort method below.
  2. Then mark the string with a felt marker where the two ends meet.
  3. Then measure the total length of the string between the marks
A belt is about 3-5% shorter than the length of your actual belt path, which is the industry standard to provide correct tension, torque and playback without excess strain on your motor pulley.
JVC DC-33L Turntable belts using the string method, String diameter 2mm, non-stretchable.

Thickness and Width, measurements taken from original belts found on the turntable
Measure Lengths
Turntable string length 585mm x 0.5mm x 5.0mm (Cut length x Thickness x Width)
Tray in-out string length 270mm x 1.5mm x 1.5mm (Cut length x Thickness x Width)

Measured using the string method By Member "Caution"

Reactions: Fatdog

caution

Member (SA)
Nice!
FBM belts are 4.7mm wide. The closest length is 569mm(22.4") (FBM22.4)
It's 2.8% shorter than the your length(585mm/23"), nice and close to the 3% recommended minimum reduction

The other one is an SBM, they're 0.062" wide, essentially 1.5mm(0.59")
There's two close sizes to 270mm(10.6") --- 10" and 10.5".
SBM10.0 is 6.3% shorter, which is probably better than SBM10.5, which is only 1.2% less.That's pretty loose.
There's also SCQ10.0, but its cross-section is .053"x.052" (1.35mmx1.32mm), still close enough.

Fatdog

Staff member
I just uploaded a service manual for the DC-33 to the Boomboxery Library. It gives a part number, but even with that there is scant information about the official size.

Reactions: Toolfan