Hi from Australia

Paddy

Jan 4, 2023
Australia
Hi Everyone...

and g'day from Queensland downunder. I've always enjoyed music (60s-70s) and the various means to play it. Way back, cassette players in particular were a favourite. Just like the old wind up watches, lots of interesting springs, gear, levers etc. Unfortunately like a lot of people, recent years has seen me go with the flow and put up with the ubiquitous streaming. In the intervening years, my cassette players and cassettes seem to have fallen by the wayside and disappeared.

I'm 73 yrs young and the old nostalgia thing has been rearing its head lately...so no more, the worm has turned. I've recently acquired a couple of boomboxes - Panasonic RX-ED50 and a Crown SZ-313. Neither are perfect, but they'll do the job. Given the renewed interest in boomboxes and cassettes, I probably left my run a bit late to get one of the more desirable and well looked after gems. Have also managed to acquire a few decent pre-recorded cassettes. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Paddy

Reactions: TRKTrev

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
Hello and welcome.
Lots of knowledge here if you need it.
I started collecting about 4 years ago and the prices have definitely gone up since then.
It can be discouraging but you can still find deals here and there.

Reactions: Paddy