GE Blockbuster Deck Power Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxBeats

Member (SA)
Hello, I have a parts box I’m trying to revive and I can’t seem to find the problem with power to the deck. I thought it was the motor so I replaced it this morning and I can hear the motor humming but nothing is turning when I engage the buttons. This is the same box that needed a replacement header bracket and spindle gear. Any thoughts why there is no movement, or things to check? This is my fourth Blockbuster sibling in the growing family. Maybe I’m stock piling for Armageddon or an Electronic Pulse Attack - who knows? Wait, will my box work with radioactive material in the air? -Just Kidding, Putin can suck it out of the atmosphere with a straw.

Reactions: Radio raheem

BoxBeats

Member (SA)
Hello, I have a parts box I’m trying to revive and I can’t seem to find the problem with power to the deck. I thought it was the motor so I replaced it this morning and I can hear the motor humming but nothing is turning when I engage the buttons. This is the same box that needed a replacement header bracket and spindle gear. Any thoughts why there is no movement, or things to check? This is my fourth Blockbuster sibling in the growing family. Maybe I’m stock piling for Armageddon or an Electronic Pulse Attack - who knows? Wait, will my box work with radioactive material in the air? -Just Kidding, Putin can suck it out of the atmosphere with a straw.
New belts were added all around.

BoxBeats

Member (SA)
Changed the power resistor and the best I’m getting is a super slow turning of the motor gears when i give it a small hand turn. I oiled the motor, and capstan but it’s struggling to rotate.

Radio raheem

Requiem Æternam
all i can sugest my friend is to try a motor off one of you're other ones to eliminate motor issues..........i'm really not that good with help here i'm afraid..........ohh also check what voltage you are getting from the motor wires lad

Reactions: BoxBeats

BoxBeats

Member (SA)
all i can sugest my friend is to try a motor off one of you're ones to eliminate motor issues..........i'm really not that good with help here i'm afraid..........ohh also check what voltage you are getting from the motor wires lad
Thanks! P.S. check your regular postal mail, I sent you something you might like. G-

Reactions: Radio raheem
Status
Not open for further replies.