Fix list:

22banazzi

Nov 25, 2021
California
I was able to acquire a Vela DK-990R for $300. The to-do list is as follows:
1. center lightbulbs are nonfunctional
2. the two left side speakers are not playing
3. cassette player is muffled and at times completely messed up

I can’t seem to find any electronic documentation on how the wiring works and from the already available threads in this section I can’t find solutions. I plan on doing an LED conversion for the center bulbs but I don’t know what the LED specifications are. As for the two left speakers, the tweeter works, the speakers don’t. I don’t even know where to begin with the cassette deck.
As ABBA titled one of their songs:

SOS

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
Superduper or Reli might know I think it's a clone of the Sharp it's not going to be easy.

22banazzi

Nov 25, 2021
California
Update: The left channel has a really weak signal and there is a popping sound coming from it every now and then. I tried cleaning the record bar with no change. If Reli or Superduper sees this (or anyone else who knows a lot about skitronic boomboxes) can you please help?

Huffers

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2019
Billericay, Essex, UK
Update: The left channel has a really weak signal and there is a popping sound coming from it every now and then. I tried cleaning the record bar with no change. If Reli or Superduper sees this (or anyone else who knows a lot about skitronic boomboxes) can you please help?
Hi. Did you get your channel issue fixed on this? Interested as I have a friend with similar issue.