FISHER 560 problem with FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauly

Member (SA)
Hello everyone!
I have, a wonderful . Yes, and for a change, the cassette part works great on it. However, the FM radio does not work. Only very loud noise is heard.Statics. And nothing else. Who cares what could be wrong here?
Thanx

floyd

Boomus Fidelis
I would check the internal antenna connection where the antenna wire goes to the circuit board of the tuner. if somebody open the box up they might have forgot to reconnect it.

Reactions: Hisrudeness

pauly

Member (SA)
Hello
I opened it first and just scanned everything optically and there is nothing problematic to see. The radio has two antennas and both are still intact on the outside and properly connected to the board on the inside. However, it is quite a complex radio, also for access to a variable capacitor for searching for stations. Sometimes even there something moves by itself.Could the chip also be damaged? I have no idea..
Other radio waves, except FM, work about the same as everyone else, as there are very few of these stations ...
When I have time, I will open it again because otherwise I like this radio very, very much. It has above-average build quality and also relatively good sound.
Thank you, sir, for the answer and help ....and Greetings from Slovenia

floyd

Boomus Fidelis
if the tuner has a mono stereo switch I would tune it to mono and see how it picks up the stations or if it picks up the stations.

pauly

Member (SA)
hi
Nothing picks up no. Not in stereo or mono mode.
Just noise. Pretty loud ..I will really open it again on occasion and disassemble it to get to the variable capacitors ...

floyd

Boomus Fidelis
I believe it's called a VR4 stereo capture pot they usually have a little dab of thread lock on them and a square hole in the middle if you move them left and right and then back to the center sometimes they build up crud in the middle and that'll clear it up.

pauly

Member (SA)
Yeah, it could be something like that. But I don't want to spin these coils yet, because maybe it's not a problem there, but then you get completely lost. When you figure it out again ... Here the tolerances in these settings are very small. I think so. I don't dare mix everything up now ..
But...Thank you, sir. I am grateful to you for your every response and kindness. Always....

floyd

Boomus Fidelis
the VR 4 pots are are located next to where the tuner coil is on the tuner board, they are very small but easy to identify by the rectangular hole in middle and and a dab of thread lock. these usually have a center detent which means if you move it from side to side you can still tell where the center is because of the it locks in in the center.

Reactions: pauly

pauly

Member (SA)
Ok. I understand. I used to turn those screws sometimes ...
I'll try it when I open it completely ... It's a lot of work ...

Status
Not open for further replies.