Ebay seller that went the extra mile.

rivetmaster

Member (SA)
We've all had a bad ebay experience. I've had a few recently. But today I'm quite excited to share a good one.

I arranged to have a purchase picked up by courier. The seller was very accomodating. I arranged to send the packaging to them and they would wrap it for me. Win :)

It seems they had different ideas about packaging than me. They said they would 'make' me a box.

I admit I had some concerns about the box.

I was wrong to doubt. - >>

20240725_173835.jpg20240725_173920.jpg

rivetmaster

Member (SA)
I think the look of the box and the handle meant that the delivery guy was not gonna throw it around or stand it upside down. When he dropped it off he asked 'So, what is it?'. When I told him he had a look like 'Why would you want that? ' :)

Reactions: floyd

floyd

Boomus Fidelis
I think the look of the box and the handle meant that the delivery guy was not gonna throw it around or stand it upside down. When he dropped it off he asked 'So, what is it?'. When I told him he had a look like 'Why would you want that? ' :)
That must have weighed over 50 lbs. That handle probably got used more than once.

Fatdog

Staff member
Those Sony FH units are powerhouses, and you don't see too many of the FH-33s. But, dang! That shipping crate is amazing. Did you contact the seller and offer to buy him a steak dinner whenever he comes into town? :lol:

Reactions: rivetmaster

rivetmaster

Member (SA)
Those Sony FH units are powerhouses, and you don't see too many of the FH-33s. But, dang! That shipping crate is amazing. Did you contact the seller and offer to buy him a steak dinner whenever he comes into town? :lol:
Yeah. I was genuinely thinking of buying somethong else from boom as a thank you. He has some celebrity autographs for sale. I wonder what kind of packaging they will have ?

Reactions: floyd

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
That's an excellent packing job!.
I love the protective top he made to cover the handle. He put some work into that shipping crate.
This is what you do when you can't afford to have something broken .
Is that handle simply removable?
He could have just removed it and flat packed inside.

Reactions: rivetmaster